MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cloud Support Officer
Job Type: Permanent
- Work with the Cloud Implementation, Cloud operations and Cloud Solutions teams to deliver customer projects.
- Respond to implementation requests with Work breakdown schedules (WBS) or implementation plan
- Implement on-Premise (Microsoft Private cloud with Windows Azure pack and Azure Stack), cloud (AWS, Azure) and hybrid solutions.
- Implement BCDR solutions
- Implement Windows server solutions
- Prepare Documentations and reports for implemented projects
- Provide support to the Operations team on escalations
- Comply with support processes and procedures to ensure customer satisfaction and service level objectives (SLO) are met.
- Identify, recommend and implement potential improvements to service efficiency.
- Ensure quality, up-to-date documentation exists for all service arrangements
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Management or related Engineering field is preferred
- Minimum years of Experience: 3
- Experience with Microsoft public, hybrid and private cloud
- Technical Expertise in cloud service delivery models including infrastructure as a service, platform as a service and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling.
- Experience working with Windows/Linux operating systems
- Strong Cloud experience skills (AWS or Azure)
- Powershell scripting experience will be an added advantage
- Networking experience will be an added advantage.
- Certifications in Linux, Hyper-V, Windows Server, Microsoft System Centre, VMware, Storage, and other Cloud Technologies considered a plus for this position.
- Excellent customer engagement skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to follow through project phases or life cycle, following Project implementation guidelines to achieve effectiveness in project delivery
- Good understanding of networking in a cloud-based environment
- Problem solving skills
- Prioritizing skills
- Troubleshooting skills
Demands of the Job
- Ability to take ownership
- High level of initiative and creativity in discharging assigned tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines when required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online