The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Strategy, Planning and Innovation
Job ID: R-35306
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description Summary
- Overall responsibility for the corporate planning function covering analysis of the political, regulatory and competitive environment as well as internal, organizational and technical analysis; develops long-term strategic planning to achieve the company’s long-term objectives.
- Managing teams with focus on policy and strategy implementation and control rather than development; short-term operational/tactical responsibilities.
- Coca-Cola WABU is seeking a full-time Senior Strategy, Planning and Innovation Manager to drive strategic thought leadership across the business, leverage critical insights to distill key value driving strategic choices for the business, optimize and manage the long- and short-term business planning processes and drive effective strategic delivery across the business.
- If you are interested in being a senior internal consultant to the Business Unit President of a leading beverage company, having broad regional experience in a dynamic environment and enjoying an amazing culture backed by a truly phenomenal brand, this is the role for you.
- Drive strategic thought leadership across the business
- Provide a fact based and objective perspective to the Business Unit on setting strategic and operational priorities
- Identify key business opportunities, articulate the business case and develop relevant solutions to solve complex problems
- Work collaboratively with partners across geographies and functions to deliver against priorities
- Drive outsized value by distilling key strategic choices for the business unit
- Define problem statement clearly and concisely, using an innovative problem-solving approach
- Structure streams of work and define a clear and realistic plan for driving project delivery
- Perform quantitative analysis (such as, valuation analysis, financial modeling, etc.) to define proposed solutions
- Synthesize insights into concise, well-structured and executive level ready communication (MS. Word, PowerPoint, etc.) to enable broad stakeholder engagement
- Optimize and manage long and short-term business planning processes
- Define a clear, concise and effective planning process and onboard key planning participants
- Develop detailed fact base, templates and structures to guide planning decisions
- Pressure test operational plans using critical market, customer and consumer insights
- Drive effective project delivery (seamless strategy to execution)
- Synthesize key strategic deliverables across the business, prioritize and coordinate delivery (in line with clearly outlined KPIs)
- Support Business performance and project management
- Leverage global TCCC best practices, past experiences and external benchmarks to develop critical operational tool-kits that support business delivery
- Develop Capability/Talent: Coach and develop direct report(s) to maximize full and current potential
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (required), advanced degree such as an MBA, preferred. Note: If Bachelors must be (Quantitative discipline e.g., Engineering, Economics, Statistics, etc.)
Work experience: 10+ years in strategy and planning roles in related industries (FMCG, Telecommunications, etc.); 4+ years of relevant consulting experience (at top tier consulting firm), preferred
- Exceptional analytical and hypothesis driven problem-solving approach and skills
- Advanced working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Base financial evaluation skills (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, etc.)
- Ability to see trends and wade through ambiguity
- Action oriented self-starter who embraces ambiguity
- Excellent people manager, talent developer and team builder (role will have 2-3 direct reports)
- Demonstrated success leading cross-functional teams as an influential (versus official) leader
- High degree of emotional intelligence to effectively deal with increasingly diverse stakeholders and teams
- Confidence and maturity to work independently and remotely
Why Coca Cola WABU/Nigeria:
We have a fantastic work culture – fueled by entrepreneurial, driven and compassionate individuals committed to driving value and impact across the region
We take pride in our office’s design, aimed at fostering creativity and collaboration
We believe in your total well-being – social, mental, physical and emotional – supported by other benefits and activities, including an onsite gym and nursing room
Coca-Cola Application Deadline
13th November, 2019.