Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Commis
Job Number: 21064428
Location: Four Points by Sheraton – Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Brand: Four Points
Position Type: Non-Management
Connect your passions with a rewarding opportunity:
- Others may call you a foodie, but you know you’re much more than that. You want to learn all the tricks of the trade and be the master of the kitchen. When you join us, you’ll find that there are no limits on your creativity or your potential.
- We inspire you to grow and challenge yourself because when you are pursuing excellence, you’re helping us to provide exceptional travel experiences.
The impact you’ll make:
- You hold yourself to a higher culinary standard and it is your attention to each preparation that keeps guests with us to dine.
- Working with a dedicated team of experts, you will learn something different every day as you work with new seasonal menus and unique presentations.
- Your hard work pays off when a dish that you’ve thoughtfully helped to prepare has guests raving and anxious to return.
Core Work Activities
What you’ll be doing:
- Prepare fresh ingredients for cooking according to recipes/menu
- Cook food and prepare top-quality menu items in a timely manner
- Test foods to ensure proper preparation and temperature
- Operate kitchen equipment safely and responsibly
- Ensure the proper sanitation and cleanliness of surfaces and storage containers
What we’re looking for:
- Great teamwork skills and attention to detail
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous kitchen experience is a big plus.
- This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional appearance in a clean uniform are also required.
- Prior to employment, we’ll ask you to complete safety training and certification.
Explore our very big world:
- When you bring your natural talents and passion for food, we welcome you into our family.
- No matter your speciality or culinary background, we offer great rewards and opportunities to improve your skills.
- You will work closely with a team of inspired professionals who encourage and invite your contributions.
Rewards for work, benefits for your lifestyle:
You’ll be supported in and out of the workplace through:
- Discounts on hotel rooms, gift shop items, food and beverage
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Wellbeing programs
- Encouraging management
- Team-spirited colleagues.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.