Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a not – for – profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that was founded in 2004 by Josephine Ogazi and Joseph Egwuonwu. WEWE started out as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) with the aim of providing scholarships and economic empowerment to orphans and widows in Okigwe, Imo State and has since expanded its aims and objectives. WEWE is registered as a national NGO with CAC under incorporated trustees and its registration number is CAC/IT/NO33132.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication Volunteer
- Location: Abuja
The Rivers State Surge Project is being implemented by the Institute of Human Virology of Nigeria (IHVN) in Rivers State. Funding for this project is from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDs Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Government Agency overseeing the project is the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifying and effectively communicating project success by developing success stories, case studies and short documentaries
- Update and maintain WEWE’s website, social media platforms and blogs
- Engage with mainstream media (Electronic and Print) to increase WEWE’s visibility and promote project impact
- Coordinate staff meetings, prepare agendas and takes minutes of meetings as required and perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A graduate with Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma or its equivalent, who has completed NYSC (or has a written exemption letter) with a First or Second Class Upper Division (2.1) in English, Linguistics, mass communication, journalism, or any social science related fields.
- Minimum of 1 year’ cognitive experience in a reputable Organization in a similar role
- Extremely strong computer skills, with knowledge of relevant publishing software such as but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Ms. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Desktop Publishing (Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, PDF, illustrator, InDesign – CorelDraw
- Experience in Media Production ,Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn), Extremely strong in written and oral English language with research writing skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on creative approaches, attention to detail and efficient delivery methods.
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2020.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails / mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.