Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Engagement Lead
Job Number: 1448515
Travel: 0-25 %
Profession: Legal & Corporate Affairs
Employment type: Full-Time
Role type: People Manager
Work site: Up to 50% work from home
- Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, high ambition, a drive for results, and ensuring our organization is a place where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result. In doing so, we drive inclusive economic opportunity and impact the lives of millions of people around the world. You can help us achieve our mission!
- Microsoft Philanthropies helps bring the company’s mission to life by empowering communities and nonprofits to realize the potential of technology. We seek to create systemic change by investing in three strategic pillars: digital skills, digital transformation and community engagement.
- We are looking for a seasoned Corporate Social Responsibility or Philanthropies professional who will manage the local implementation of Microsoft Philanthropies programs in MEA, reporting to the GM and International Community Engagement Lead.
- This leader will lead the team that executes the programmatic work for many Microsoft Philanthropies initiatives in the Middle East and Africa region, including our Skills for Jobs program, which provides skills training to those excluded from technology opportunities, employee engagement activities, and disaster response efforts.
- We will be flexible to hire this role across the Middle East Africa (MEA) region with a focus on South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt or Dubai.
Responsibilities of the role include strategy and planning, project leadership, stakeholder management and executing Microsoft’s priorities described below:
- People Leadership. Lead a team of philanthropy professionals across MEA to develop a strategy for their area and implement programs to drive impact for underserved populations in their countries.
- Develop relationships with global subsidiary peers to leverage best practices and drive global integration. Nurture a sense of community across the region, share learnings and identify and review opportunities to scale local programs regionally and globally.
- Develop relationships and influence with the leadership teams across MEA and worldwide teams. Cultivate relationships with the MEA business leadership team to gain support for Philanthropies initiatives in the region and maximize the company’s social and business impact. Work effectively with corporate stakeholders to provide feedback to improve the strategy and local impact.
- Drive excellence in execution of programmatic “Skills for Jobs” initiatives in MEA – ensure that investments in the region contribute to closing the skills gap and enhancing employability for underserved communities. This involves co-designing and executing skills programs with nonprofit partners, governments, and other stakeholders to address complex local, regional, national, and global community and civic engagement needs in alignment with Microsoft’s corporate social responsibility standards.
- Actively create opportunities for partnership, collaboration, and engagement with external partners, including nonprofits, IGOs, governments and others in the private sector – develops and influence partnerships to advance Skills for Jobs in MEA. Represents Microsoft externally and helps serve as spokesperson for Microsoft Philanthropies across the region.
- Employee Giving – land employee giving campaigns in the region and local markets, supporting the execution of the global campaigns.
- Disaster Response – Represent Microsoft Philanthropies in assessing regional disaster response; work closely with the affected country/area to support the specific plan and execution.
- 10+ years of experience project managing social impact initiatives, ideally for multi-year projects spanning large geographic regions in a CSR, Government Affairs or Nonprofit leadership role, preferably on workforce related issues.
- Experience partnering with nonprofits, IGOs, governments and others in the private sector.
- Experience living or working in MEA is highly preferred.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.