Abraham’s Children Foundation is an NGO focussed on providing basic community services to people living in underserved and low-income communities. We pay special attention to vulnerable groups and person’s.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Testing, Linkage & Retention Officer
- Locations: Gboko / Tarkaa /Ushongu, Benue
- Slot: 3 Openings
- Seeks to appoint Community Testing, Linkage & Retention Officers to be based in the three pilot selected LGAs in Benue State namely: Gboko/ Tarkaa and Ushongu.
- The primary purpose of this position is to strengthen active referrals and linkages from community-based HIV testing points to HIV care and treatment and to improve retention in care through community-based adherence support interventions.
- Implement Targeted Community HIV Testing Services
- Increase and create demand for community-based HIV Testing Services through community mobilization & campaigns and case finding by expanding access to traditional and non-traditional facility- and community-based HTS.
- Differentiate HTS for priority populations with age-appropriate and targeted approaches for children,
- AGYW and men and high-risk individuals;
- Leverage other critical entry points for HIV case finding and Liaise with Testing,
- Linkage and Retention Mentors to ensure supply of quality HIV test kits for use in communities;
- Liaise with Testing, Linkage & Retention Mentors to ensure proficiency in HIV Testing;
- Support door to door index HIV testing in targeted high HIV prevalence and hard to reach areas.
- Coordinate targeted and integrated community outreach interventions such as Extended Program on Immunization mobile services to increase Early Infant Diagnosis and Paediatric HIV testing.
- Implement Active Referral and Linkage to Care
- Ensure that all clients tested HIV positive at community sites are referred and linked to facility for treatment initiation;
- Conduct follow up visits to facilities to ensure that patient are captured into data base; Implement & monitor patient tracking logbooks and intervention to bring those lost to follow up into care.
- Work closely with WBPHCOTs & CBOs and provide a list of patients to be physically traced;
- Set up networks and linkage with key stakeholder such as health facilities, Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision sites and Sexual Reproductive Health Services and Nutrition to ensure successful referrals;
- Improve bi-directional referral systems between community and facility-based services; Improve utilization of community-based health information systems to track community/facility referral.
- Implement Adherence Support and Retention in Care
- Collaborate with WBPHCOTs and CBOs to trace Pre-ART patients and ART defaulters; Support community-based HIV services for new support groups and stable (Adherence Clubs) ART patients including cohorting, recruitment and facilitation; Work with. (NACS)and POC Technical Assistant to integrate Nutrition Assessment, Counselling, and Support (NACS) into Adherence Clubs.
- Provide Health Education to clients on HIV, ARVs, Adherence to ART, Viral Load monitoring and TB screening Timeously report any challenges related to the referral and linkage to care to foster early interventions.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- CHO, SCHEW, JCHEW, registered nurse or social worker, HND in Health related disciplined an added advantage.
- Experience working for a non-governmental organization or relevant government department
- One year experience in health facility HIV services is an added adavantage
- Knowledge of PMTCT and other HIV services is an added adavantage
- Ability to read and write English fluently.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (Mention experience and the Tasks related to the previous job(s) and the period of each), Cover Letter to: [email protected] clearly indicating your Job Title and preferred LGA” as subject of your mail. Eg: Application for Community Testing, Linkage & Retention Officer Tarkaa.
Application Closing Date
30th June. 2020.