The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is a sub-recipient of the PEPFAR ICARES grant in Benue state. CCCRN promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training, and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Reports to: Director Compliance
- The Compliance Officer works with the Director of Compliance in his/her duties. The Compliance Officer prepares, negotiates, and manages the contract process between the organization and sub-recipients/contractors.
- S/He interprets all contracts and agreements to ensure compliance with USAID policies and within legal and statutory requirements.
- S/He prepares monthly summary reports tracking monthly revenue and expenditure on all grants and contracts and supports the design and maintenance of a strong internal control system. S/He does other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
- Under the leadership of the Director of Compliance the Compliance Officer will be responsible for finance compliance support to allocated CCCRN local partners and related sub-agreements.
- Report Sub-Agreement commitments to be recorded in the CCCRN accounting system.
- Review and process the issuance of project advances in accordance with CCCRN and Donor Policies and Procedures.
- Reviews, and drafts cooperative agreements, donor terms, and amendments for Compliance.
- S/he interprets USG regulations to local partners and CCCRN management. The Officer also assists with training on compliance, conducts financial reviews and follow-up of recommendations, identifies training needs, and develops a site-specific curriculum to address the needs.
- Serve as the principal point of contact on compliance issues with partners and program managers/officers
- Provide senior-level technical support to the CBOs/local partners to finalize their annual budgets, conduct a review of budgets against project targets, budget notes, and justification, make recommendations, and follow-up implementation.
- Monitor monthly reports for liquidation, update budget analysis, and advise the Finance & Account Director and Director of Compliance accordingly
- Monitor allocated partner agreements and budgets and ensure compliance with Compliance Manuals and donor guidelines.
- Conducts in CCCRN Internal Control and Monitoring/ pre-award assessments as required.
- Ensure that partners keep supporting documents for all financial transactions, and keep ledgers for Fixed Assets, Purchase Requisitions, Cash Receipts, and Disbursements.
- Hands-on knowledge of tax laws and FINANCE ACT 2021.
- Other duties assigned by supervisors.
Requirements and Qualifications
- B.Sc. Accounting, ICAN/ACCA Certification
- At least 4 years post NYSC grants management experience in an NGO
- Proficiency in the use of QuickBooks accounting Software
- Ability to work both in a team and independently and ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent analytical and information-seeking skills, with good decision-making skills.
- Should be willing and able to travel widely within the country
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
Application Closing Date
3rd September, 2022 at Midnight.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Candidates are encouraged to click on the link above, complete the form and submit their CV/resume and cover letter form.