Grand Cereals Limited (GCL), a subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria Plc, is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials to produce and deliver superior quality brands in the animal feed, edible oils, breakfast cereals, pet food and other intermediate and consumer cereals products to Nigeria and West Africa markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Consumer Nutrition Manager
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
- Responsible for the research and development of innovative nutritional product formulations to optimize existing product lines and for new product development.
- Keep updated with scientific literature in Nutrition Science.
- Engage with dietitians and the general public to educate and familiarize them with our products.
- Responsible for developing nutritional products for commercial launch by creating formulations which deliver improvements to current products, reduction in product cost and/or comply with regulatory requirements.
- Understand the competitive landscape by knowing the competitors’ products, ingredients, features, and benefits.
- Develop and maintain thorough records of potential ingredients, suppliers, literature, and research surrounding our product/ingredients and their efficacy in our target markets.
- Maintain technical and experimental documentation throughout the research and development process, including product specifications, CoAs, various documentation, research papers and literature surrounding our potential ingredients, and suppliers.
- Take a leadership role in our product development process and be able to work independently in a small team.
- Master’s or Doctorate Degree in Nutrition or related discipline is required.
- Currently registered or chartered and practicing.
- Minimum of 15 years working experience in food manufacturing or FMCG environment with at least 5 years at mid to senior level.
- Six Sigma Certification will be an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Working knowledge of Food Safety, HCCP and ISO9001 are required.
- Have a strong understanding of Health/Wellness Promotion.
- Have a strong knowledge base of plant-based nutrition.
- Have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Have dynamic presentation skills and be comfortable speaking to groups
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Intermediate project management skills
- Strong statistical analytical and technical skills.
Application Closing Date
21st January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online