WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contract Drilling Procurement Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Level: Mid-Senior level
About the Job
- Perform sourcing of materials and services.
- Ensure compliance with Company’s Contracts & Procurement policies, guidelines and processes.
- Prepare Opportunity Documents for Drilling procurement for Supervisor’s review.
- Upload Opportunity documents into NipeX.
- Prepare ITT packages for Drilling procurement for Supervisor’s review.
- Upload ITT packages into NipeX.
- Process bidder queries to the Drilling Team and C&P Supervisor.
- Prepare received bids for evaluation.
- Conduct C&P part of Technical evaluation.
- Work with Drilling Team to complete Technical evaluation reports for Internal and external use.
- Assist with commercial evaluation.
- Complete the bid evaluation package and recommend vendor to Supervisor for approval.
- Prepare Bid Committee Summary Presentations for Supervisor.
- Prepare Purchase Orders/Call Off’s using Sage Procurement module.
- Monitor Sage system for late or undelivered orders and follow up with suppliers to ensure timely delivery.
- Follow up with suppliers pro-actively for critical orders.
- Interface between supplier and Drilling Team on any issues on orders.
- Store requisition, bid and contract documents in an organized manner in Sharepoint.
- Maintain auditable records of requisition and bid documents.
- Prepare weekly reports of activities.
- Check registration status of contractors.
- Other duties as assigned by Procurement Management.
Key Performance Indicators
- Compliance with C&P Policies and Procedures.
- Timely preparation of Opportunity Documents
- Timely uploading Opportunity Documents into NipeX.
- Timely preparation of ITT package.
- Timely uploading of ITT package in NipeX.
- Performance of evaluation of bids.
- Performance of price checks on quotations and related cost savings.
- Timely follow up on late deliveries.
- Number of complaints from Drilling Team and other internal clients.
- Issue weekly reports on activities.
- BA / BS Degree or HND in an Engineering discipline, Business or Accounting. Or C&P or Supply Chain Management qualifications to a similar level.
- Membership of appropriate Professional organization(s).
Experience and Related Skill Sets:
- Three to five years of procurement experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Experienced in completing tenders in NipeX.
- Knowledge of NCDMB requirements for drilling.
- Basic understanding of offshore drilling operations.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of integrity is essential.
- Must be a team player.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power point.
- Ability to use Sage at an advanced level is an added advantage (but not a requirement).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online