MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Coordinator – Major Incident and Problem Management, Information Technology
Job Identification: 1686
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Job Schedule: Full time
Reports To: Manager Integration
Division: Information Technology
- Ensure process compliance from initiation to closure of incidents
- Drive the efficiency and effectiveness of the incident management process with resolver teams
- Execute the steps to recover services as per the MI checklist provided for each severity type of major incidents
- Provide MIR updates within the Major Incident recovery window; documenting all logs and steps taken by technical team
- Ensure that ALL Incidents are resolved within Service Level Agreements/Operational Level Agreements and trigger appropriate technical escalation levels (L2 and L3) while managing incidents to avoid breaches
- Create and link known error articles where applicable. Also provide guidance to resolver teams to use KEDB for reduction of MTTR.
- Reduce Severity 3 and Severity 4 incidents – apply LEAN principle where possible to control the volume of incidents and ensure Year-on-Year number of Severity 3 and Severity 4 trends are on the decline
- Follow-up rigorously on the closure of Severity 3 and Severity 4 over business and non-business hours, weekend s and holidays with an aim of minimum possible service disruption and improving daily closure rate
- Regularly audit to ensure that relevant CI’s are being tagged by technical team or any other teams closing the incident and produce analytical report on a sampling basis for non-compliant support groups
- Convert recurring or unknown issues into problems with an objective of ZERO repeat incident policy
- Invoke HA and/or DR switchover as per the checklist defined for service recovery and in line with related policies, processes and procedures
- Identify, initiate, schedule and conduct incident War-Room/Technical Bridge for ALL major incidents
- Ensure the closure of all resolved Incident records confirmed by the end-user; identify cases where such actions are not taken and escalate such cases to IT management
- Verify and validate resolution with end-users before resolving assigned Incidents as per policy
- Review incident handling by DCFLS/Service Desk and put measure in place to close identified gaps
- Establish continuous process improvement cycles where the process performance, activities, roles and responsibilities, policies, procedures and supporting technology is reviewed and enhanced where applicable
- Chair the Daily Incident Management Meeting and publish incident report daily and contribute on ITSM weekly/Monthly report
- Publish at least one case study per quarter in KMDB and register CSI as per criteria defined
- Ensure all ITIL guiding principles are applied within the MTNN IT Division (Incident Management, Problem, Configuration, Release and Change control)
- Train and coach the Service Desk and DCFLS to ensure error-free incident categorization and assignments to technical teams. In parallel, train the Call Center agents & Customer Relations unit to ensure duplicate incidents are not logged in widespread cases
- Conduct training/awareness sessions for IT team on Incident Management Process compliance, to highlight positives (what went right) and Learnings (what went wrong) per Quarter
- Engage Vendor Management for OEM related cases where incidents are taking longer time to close
- Engage third party partners when there is a service recovery need for third party-oriented cases by joining War-Room/Technical Bridge with internal technical teams
- First Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (Telecoms, Computer Science, IT)
- Fluent in English.
3 – 7 years of experience which includes:
- Good understanding of ITIL Practices and Guiding Principles.
- Basic knowledge of IT Infrastructure, Application Support and Cloud.