International Breweries Plc is a proud part of the AB InBev family, a world’s leading brewer. International Breweries Plc was incorporated in December 1971 under the name International Breweries Limited. The Company commenced production of its flagship product Trophy Lager in December 1978 with an installed capacity of 200,000 hectoliters per annum.
In December 1982, the Company embarked on an expansion programme. The company was listed on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange in April 1995. The corporate headquarters of the Company is located in Lagos. Starting with just two brands, Trophy Lager and Beta malt, our brand offering now includes Budweiser, Hero Lager, Castle lite, Grandmalt, Eagler Lager and Eagle Stout.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Affairs Manager
Location: Ilesa, Osun
Employment Type: Full-time
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
- The main purpose of the job is to manage and implement the corporate affairs initiatives of the company which include managing stakeholders & regulators, supporting communication / image / reputation programs and implementing the 2025 Sustainability Goals of International Breweries Plc, amongst others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that a relationship is built and maintained with all relevant stakeholders in the communities around the brewery, government ministries, department, agencies and regulators
- Ensure that the government relations program effectively manages regulatory risks
- Ensure that the company is represented on key trade and industry organizations/bodies (including task forces and special groups) where the company should be represented, and that the most appropriate company representatives participate
- Ensure that the views, positions and agenda of the company are effectively represented and supported by other members of key trade and industry bodies
- Implement company initiatives, projects and partnerships around alcohol responsibility and sustainability issues and demonstrably build reputation for the company among key stakeholders
- Ensure that these reputation building activities are effectively leveraged among government officials, policy makers and with NGOs
- Ensure that key NGOs impacting the business are monitored and that dialogue is established with them wherever possible and/or appropriate
- Implement robust evaluation methodologies that have been designed to measure the impact of activities, initiatives and programs and that these insights are used to determine how programs and plans can be improved
- Monitor and track progress of ALL product registration, permits and licenses with regulatory authorities
- Provide monthly report on regulatory obligations and status of existing applications
- Drive complete accuracy and integrity of records by maintaining depository of all licenses and permits
- Plan, undertake and oversee regulatory inspections and activities on the site
- Proactively liaise with other departments to understand their regulatory needs and take steps to action those requests
- Ensure that a company’s products comply with the regulations of the regions where they want to distribute them
- Train employees, where required, on regulatory changes and activities that could impact our operations/objectives
- Develop materials to support new product licenses and license renewals process
- Prepare submissions of license variations and renewals to strict deadlines
- Monitor set timelines for license variations and renewal approvals
- Support the license to trade (LTT) agenda of the brewery
- Draw up a stakeholder mapping exercise for Sustainable Development and Enterprise Development stakeholders1.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Communications or related field.
- Five plus years’ experience in Communications, community relations and/or governmental relations; legislative, regulatory and/or executive branch public policy work.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with state, local and community groups, preferably as a representative of a large public institution
- Preference for candidates who have worked in similar multinational/international environment
- Good command of Yoruba language would be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
29th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval
- Kindly attach CV in PDF format
- Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/ relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.