Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Banking Head, Nigeria & Ghana – D / MD
Job Req ID: 22545992
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Job Category: Institutional Banking
Job Family Group: Institutional Banking
Job Family: Corporate Banking
- The Corporate Bank Head is responsible for the strategic direction of the business, encompassing people management, strategic client management, liaison with other areas of the bank to ensure superior customer service and solution development and implementation, and ensuring adherence to all legal, regulatory, compliance, risk and other policy standards.
Job Background / Context
- Corporate Banking is the relationship management team for top tier clients in Nigeria and Ghana in various sectors, including but not limited to, oil & gas, telecoms and media, consumer, general industrials, financial institutions, and government and public sector segments.
- The Corporate Banking Head manages a team of ~18 Coverage Bankers, and Relationship Associates and support staff, ranging from C09 to C15. The team also includes a Corporate Finance unit that assists all client segments in the origination and execution of episodic transactions.
- The Corporate Bank Head is a member of BRCC for Nigeria and Ghana; ALCO member for Nigeria; and member of MANCOM for Nigeria.
- Formulating and executing coverage strategy/business plan for names managed in the unit including account planning, calling strategy, and customer segmentation.
- Lead and manage the Corporate Bank team in Nigeria & Ghana.
- Achieving trusted advisor status through developing close working relationships with customers.
- Raise Citi’s profile with key customer seniors by interpreting macro-economic developments and industry trends
- Raise the Corporate Banking profile within Citi by building key cross-functional and cross-geographic networks.
- Champion our global network with our clients
- Strong product knowledge and analytical ability.
- Credit senior in team with in-depth knowledge of credit policies and responsible for Credit decisions /approving credits for customer base. Fully accountable for credit spectrum which includes documentation, Target Market identification, MCA, FCR, due diligence and early problem recognition.
- To increase market share and share of wallet for the portfolio.
- Awareness of competitive landscape and formulating strategic responses to environmental conditions
- Review/evaluate new business opportunities from a TM and effort/risk reward perspective.
- Customer pricing models, Risk, capacity planning.
- Ensure Compliance and KYC policies adhered to for customer base.
- Managing Customer Profitability (Revenue, Expense, CoC, EBIT, and NI and RORC) in Partnership with Product, Risk and O & T to deliver optimal value to the firm.
- Understand and effectively manage Citi’s global capacities and complexities; sound credit management; regulatory & compliance.
- Effective leadership;
- Multi-functional job scope – interaction across all areas of the bank;
- Customer Focus;
- Ability to utilize information effectively;
- Creating partnerships;
- Global Effectiveness;
- Ability to keep up the pace and speed with the market;
- Adapting to the high performing culture of Citi.
Future Career Prospects:
- Corporate Bank Head in a larger country
- Regional Banking Head role
- Country/Franchise Management
Knowledge / Experience
- Senior Credit Officer (SCO) or on path to becoming SCO
- Minimum 15 years of banking experience
- In-depth understanding of compliance issues, global and local regulatory requirements.
- Experience in working with and within a matrix organization and cross-functional teams.
- Experience in and in-depth understanding of banking products – bonds, loans / debts (short and long-term), cash management, trade products and finance, FX, interest rate hedging, liquidity management; corporate & structured finance; derivatives products;
- Strong knowledge of investment banking offerings (advisory, equity).
- In-depth industry knowledge
- Proven existing customer relationships
- Proven track record of senior relationships
- Strategic thinker and ability to re-align timeously in line with market dictates.
- Strong Leadership and people management skills essential.
- Strong sales / customer and business development skills.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- High standards.
- Relationship building.
- Strong influencing & negotiating skills.
- Planning skills.
- Process and Controls.
- Managing a Matrix.
- Deal Origination and Execution Skills.
- Proven ability to leverage the Citi global network & handle complex, challenging environment.
- Proven ability to originate and close complex deals/ solutions.
- Proven ability to act as a financial advisor.
- Ability to coordinate and manage customer credit & marketing activity in a number of different countries.
- Ability to manage risk in portfolio.
- Driven and results oriented
- Sound Business judgment
- Integrity, Respect and Balance
- Tolerance for risk
- High tolerance for ambiguity
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities.