Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Strategy Endline Evaluation Consultant
Background, Rationale and Purpose of the Evaluation
In alignment with the Oxfam global vision 2020 process, Oxfam in Nigeria aligned itself with the global goals and the one Oxfam model. To achieve this, an Oxfam Country Strategy (OCS) and Country Operational Model (COM) 2015-2019 was developed and launched.
The OCS is anchored on a vision of a ‘secure and prosperous Nigeria, where the benefits from economic growth are shared so the basic needs of all people are met; where the rights of women are respected; where all people, especially the youth, can participate in decision making and influence the policies that impact on their lives; and where public and private sector institutions are accountable and transparent’.
This vision is being achieved through the implementation of four interrelated change goals:
- Saving lives
- Sustainable increased income for the poor;
- Transforming attitude about women’s rights; and
- Increased active citizenship and the accountability of public and private sector.
The OCS is being implemented in collaboration with close to 6O local partners including youth led, women rights organizations and the private sectors working in various capacities in all the four thematic areas of the goals, except for the Humanitarian Response where the organization ended up doing a direct implementation before the response was suspended in 2018. The OCS, whose implementation is supposed to end in March 2020, has been extended to September 2020.
Specific Objectives of the Evaluation
- Conduct an end-line evaluation of the OCS and COM outcome and process to generate the learning that will enable the development of a new strategy that is relevant, strategic and focused.
Evaluation Team: Qualifications and Skills Needed
Oxfam will work with a consultancy firm with a track record in undertaking strategy reviews and evaluations of programmes in development, humanitarian, influencing / advocacy / campaign within the Nigeria context and which has offices in project locations across the six geopolitical zones. The required skills and competences for the principal evaluator are:Essential:
- At least an Advanced Degree in any Statistics, International Development, Development Studies and any Social / Political Sciences
- At least eight (8) years proven experience in Strategic Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning specifically for developmental projects and NGO sector for the lead evaluator;
- Have a proven experience of evaluating influencing / advocacy / campaigns in programmes and using the appropriate methodologies for such
- A proven record in delivering effective and professional evaluation results in developmental and humanitarian projects;
- Experience assessing the impact and outcomes on gender equality in evaluations;
- Excellent communication, analysis, writing and report presentation skills in English;
- Capacity to carry outfield research in Nigeria.
- Ability to deliver high quality work in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Oxfam and its work.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data from different sources relating to the scope of the evaluation
- Good eye for detail, adherence to logic and capacity for inductive reasoning
- Strong presentation, facilitating, communication and team working skills
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to conduct discussions with a diversity of people ranging from senior management to project participants
- Willingness and ability to travel to the different sites in Nigeria.