INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: COVAX Focal Point Officer
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
General Purpose of the Position
- The COVAX Focal Point, an MoH seconded staff, reporting to INTERSOS COVAX Project Manager, will be responsible for ensuring that the COVAX project activities, including risk communication and community engagement, vaccination campaign and the management of the adverse effects following immunization, are implemented in line with Borno State MoH and WHO Strategy.
- She/he will serve as a main liaison between INTERSOS and the Borno State MoH, as well as ensuring coordination, harmonization and ownership of the program by the state MoH.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Liaises or acting as a direct link between the communities in the implementation sites, INTERSOS, other partners and the State Ministry of Health, so as to ensure state ministry of health ownership of the program, with the support of other actors.
- As a way of ensuring quality, the seconded MoH staff will make sure that the implementation of the COVAX vaccination processes implemented with partners are compliant with the State Ministry of health and WHO guidelines as per the COVID-19 Vaccination.
- Organizing and Supervising periodic monitoring visit by the state monitoring and Evaluation team in coordination with partners and sharing reports, that deemed appropriate as regards to this program with INTERSOS medical coordinator.
- Any other task as assigned.
- MBBS Degree or Master’s Degree, preferred.
- Substantial experience in public health programs or related services.
- Preferred: Knowledge of immunizations or immunization practices.
- Strong communication skills (written/verbal).
- Excellent networking skills, cultural sensitivity and adaptability
- High degree of negotiation and strong communication skills with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior members of the humanitarian community as well as with field practitioners.
- Ability to work with a reasonable level of comfort in high tension and high security risk situations.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardships.
- Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
- Knowledge of NGO and Humanitarian industry
- Computer literacy (MS Excel, MS Word)
- Good organizational skills Ability and willingness to travel between across locations of implementation within LGA
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and/or Hausa Language
Application Closing Date
20th August 2021 by 4:00 PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This is a proposal position, and recruitment depends on funding.
- Attach CV with the format “Surname and the Position you applied for”.
- Only candidates whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
- INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.