Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: CS Core Operation & Maintenance Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Career level: Mid-Senior level
- This function is expected to act for technical, business& Functional requirements in the area of Core network. Be involved in Network solution planning, design and implementation.
- To ensure Meet Availability, KPI’s & SLA as defined target and maintain Quality N/W. Ensure all task are performed under the preview of Standard Operational Processes. Ensure New services are launched as per Marketing requirement and Timely Delivered.
Operation & Maintenance of Huawei CS core nodes. Testing and implementation of new solution/Service/Feature:
- Perform day to day operations & management, fix alarms and resolve incidents, prepare daily health check status and report to TL
- Ensure all Tasks are executed within defined process of TT Management, Change Management, Preventive Maintenance, Incident Management, problem Management, and Software update management, Security Management, Performance Management and New Node Acceptance.
- Execution of system expansions, NCP and take corrective action when needed.
- Provide technical support and problem analysis for operations team in case of critical situations.
- Follow up the implementation of deployment plans and highlight delay and apply corrective actions.
- Implement & integrate the new solution, Service & Feature.
- Follow up with the Suppliers/Vendors about any planned network changes e.g. upgrades, S/W packages etc. as well as any network problems.
- Ensure and maintain the CS core availability & KPIs with a defined target.
- Cooperate with other departments during new systems installation and acceptance tests CS Core and give the support in case of issues.
- Implement all BISP related tasks and perform duties within BISP framework.
- Execute patches and support update/upgrade process
- Perform ATP, UAT on services and nodes
- Resolution of customer complaints
- Provide Adhoc Business/Network report as required
- Design and optimization of interconnections with other systems (VAS, RAN, POIs etc.)
Detailed and Effective Documentation:
- Statistical report preparation and analysis; provide the requirements based on the analysis.
- Ensure all documentation are stored in Central location with Unique ID and Version, regularly updated pertaining to :
- Solution Design, HLD,LLD, Acceptance Docs, Roaming Database, Capacity & Utilizations
- NCP & Project Related document
- New Products
- N/W KPI & SLA
- Operational Docs &report: AOP, Change Management, Fault Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Software Management etc.
- Features & Licenses
- AMC, Support Documents
Scalability/ Interoperability / Marketing requirements & Performance Management:
- Ensure all Vendor Network Equipment’s on the network can interoperate with one another without anomaly.
- Evaluate the received requirements to establish the new promotions related to VAS and plan the availability and accessibility according to IN capability
- Evaluate the received requirements from involved Technical Sections to evaluate the existing M2000/U2000 capability and features and evaluate and plan the new developments.
- Cooperate with involved departments for new product or PCN go live
- Daily review and track network traffic, licenses, trends and various parameters to ensure the Network elements are operating as expected. Where required, take corrective action with input from TL and Group Planning team
- Ensure that the Vendor Customer Support and supplier vendors are always engaged to deliver high quality output expected first time right
- Always maintain high Team Harmony and Engagement with both internal and external teams and stakeholders
Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelor / Master’s Degree in Telecommunication / Electronic Engineering / Computer Science
- Detailed working Telecommunications Knowledge
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- At least 7-10 years in Huawei CS Core network Operations and optimization experience in Huawei MSC (MXSoft3000), MGW (UMG9800), SBC (SE2900), HSS (HSS9860), STP (SPS) ;
- Knowledge of 2G, 3G, DRA and LTE technologies architecture and standards
- Good project management knowledge
- Experience in measuring and analyzing network KPI ‘key performance indicators’
Other requirements (Behavioural etc.):
- Personal Integrity and good interpersonal relationship
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Highly organized and good at implementation
- Time management skills with commitment to project timelines.
- Self-motivational skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution for supporting operations teams as an escalation point
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.