Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a not – for – profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that was founded in 2004 by Josephine Ogazi and Joseph Egwuonwu. WEWE started out as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) with the aim of providing scholarships and economic empowerment to orphans and widows in Okigwe, Imo State and has since expanded its aims and objectives. WEWE is registered as a national NGO with CAC under incorporated trustees and its registration number is CAC/IT/NO33132.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Culinary Chef
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- S/he will be responsible for preparing, and presentation of meals and dishes in ways that suit the requirements or orders that are placed by staff.
- The Chef will be specializes in the preparation of specific meals like salads, desserts, and pastries for staff and meetings
- The chef determines the quantity of food that will be needed within a particular time frame.
- S/he will also makes adjustments to the menu based on the availability of food items or the current season.
- S/he will regularly clean and sanitize work equipment like fryers and various kitchen surfaces.
- S/he will be willing to work at odd hours, like very early in the morning to prepare meals for the day, and to clean-up after the day’s work.
- S/he will makes sure that the kitchen is well-organized at all times.
- S/he will ensure that food is prepared as fast as possible and that a standard taste-level is maintained.
- S/he will maintains records, places necessary orders, and makes sure that food safety standards are adhered to.
- S/he will makes sure that she adhere to all set standards
- The chef will always initiate new ideas either in cooking methods or in service delivery.
- S/he will organize training for group of people on catering service from time to time
- S/he will also cook for official meetings
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Diploma in Culinary and Hospitality Management or its equivalent in any Social Science or related fields
- A minimum of one (1) year previous work experience in catering
Application Closing Date
22nd August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for this positions will be on a rolling basis, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis.
- WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.