Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Customer Operations Lead, Investments
What You Will Be Doing
- Overseeing a growing team of Customer Operation analysts and be a point of contact and escalation for customer issues working alongside our Product Operations team.
- Providing customer support to the best of your ability by talking directly and honestly with our customers to deliver a great user experience with emphasis on key features such as Cryptocurrency and US stocks.
- Communicating with our customers through a variety of different mediums whether that be through calls, social media platforms, email or in-app chat.
- Proactively identifying patterns in the user frustrations and expectations of customers, seeing where we can change our processes, tools or product to make their lives easier.
- Working with other team leads within Customer Operations as well as the QA Manager and Training manager to drive best practise and deliver quality service
- Working with the Compliance team to act as the first line of defence to help spot and investigate trends.
- Working with the Communications lead to ensure customer service updates related to service downtime and product information is accurate.
- Responsible for understanding, prioritising and escalating our customers’ feedback and feature requests to the product teams and wider business.
- Overseeing the day-to-day management of the team including conducting weekly 1:1s to mentor and develop the team.
- Assisting with co-ordinating team schedules to ensure the team are able to meet SLAs during operational hours
What You Should Have
- You have a minimum of 2 – 3 years in a customer service team lead or manager role directly managing staff, ideally within financial services or other digital products
- You have a working knowledge and understanding of financial products such as Cryptocurrency and US Stocks
- You have strong written English communication skills
- You have experience handling customer inquiries via email, chat or other written communications
- You are self-driven. You should be self-motivated and enjoy a lot of independence. We’re a dedicated, hardworking team that is collectively motivated
- You have a global mindset and be tolerant of others. We’re still growing but we are a company of many cultures and backgrounds
- You are comfortable with asynchronous conversations and an understanding of your coworkers roles
- You are open to working some nights and weekends on a rotating basis
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- If you feel you are a fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.
- We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, veteran status, and any other status.
- Chipper Cash is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If there are any accommodations that we can provide during the interview process that help you to be confident and do your best work, don’t hesitate to let us know.