Guinness Nigeria PLC is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customs and Excise Manager – West Africa
Ref No: JR1052099
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Worker Type: Regular
About the Role
- The role will handle the Customs, Excise and Trade activities in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Implement the Global Customs, Excise and Trade Compliance strategies and policies in both countries
- Participate in developing and implementing strategies, policies, standards, guidelines for global trade management specifically focusing on customs and excise processes in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Provide specialist support with trade issues in Nigeria and Ghana – for example, HTS Code Classification disputes, Customs Valuation and ICSP reviews.
- Handle Customs and Excise related queries from the Nigeria Customs Service relating to imported products and raw materials used by Guinness Nigeria and Ghana.
- Lead the Customs and Excise team in Nigeria and Ghana by providing technical opinions and submissions for engagements with respect to Customs and Excise issues.
- Lead Customs, Excise and Trade related projects to deliver shareholder value and handle potentials exposure to the business in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Provide technical support with respect to addressing inefficiencies and driving process improvement within the Customs and Excise in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Recommend and implement changes to optimise processes, systems, policies, and procedures.
- Keep up to date with customs and excise regulatory changes and standard methodology; identify risks and opportunities and recommend actions.
- Experience within a Global Trade and Tax advisory function in a consulting firm or multinational beverage/tobacco manufacturer.
- Experience of providing domestic and cross border technical advice
- Effective project management and implementation skills
- Good team working and communication skills across diverse cultures
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online