MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Center Operations Technician
Location: Data Center Lekki, Lagos
Job Type: Permanent
Department: DC & Capital Projects
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Perform daily facilities inspections and provide report on conditions affecting the operations.
- Monitor and supervise non-critical Electro-Mechanical preventive and corrective maintenance activities
- Carry out electrical lighting fittings replacement (internal and external perimeter) as operations demands.
- Power provisioning for non-collo customers related power request within the DC.
- Oversee and support vendors and contractor’s maintenance activities within the DC on all non-critical infrastructures.
- Carry out daily routine checks on DG fuel line and ensure day tanks diesel replenishing.
- Carry out diesel delivery and ensure all tests conducted meet the requirement/standard of MainOne.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of Plumbing related faults within the facility including the water treatment plant
- Troubleshooting and resolution of faults related to the intrusion detection system (Electric fence).
- Carry out other assigned tasks within the scope of the job position and ensure closure of such task in record time.
- Support any after-hours building needs and activities as required.
- Respond to emergencies.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- National Diploma in Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering or in any relevant discipline
- Minimum of 2 years working experience required
- Organize and manage all facility housekeeping (Cleaning of offices and critical environments) through a janitorial service vendor/domestic support staff.
- Implement and ensure proper power cabling tagging and management within the facility.
- Basic knowledge of comfort cooling system, installation, and maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, new installations, and repairs.
- Knowledge in electrical installations.
- Knowledge in cable running and termination.
- Ability to support and maintain Tier III data center non-critical infrastructure, perimeter lightings, water treatment plant.
- Basic knowledge of electrical control circuit wiring and diagrams.
- Ability to perform periodic maintenance of comfort cooling, air conditioning unit within the DC.
- Ability to carry out daily routine checks on all non-critical electro-mechanical infrastructure within the campus.
Demands of the Job:
- Good attention to details
- Cooperative and willing to assist others
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few variables
- Ability to work at height as the job demands.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online