Coronation Merchant Bank is a Africa’s premier investment bank, providing innovative solutions to the needs of corporations, governments and other financial services organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
Employment Type: Full-time
- Developing database structures and features according to organizational needs.
- Performing database maintenance, migration, and upgrading hardware and software.
- Keep up with changes in relational database management systems, database management practices, SQL programming, server operating systems and vendor supplied information systems Operations Management – Business Continuity.
- Create new database users as required, develop, implement and maintain scripts for database backup and restore for all databases and test the procedures periodically.
- Regularly monitor and tune databases for optimal performance.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and communicate problems and failures with databases and related server applications.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of reporting databases.
- Develop and modify technical documentation that describes installation and maintenance standards and procedures.
- Update configuration database of all business applications after release of new module/upgrade of existing business applications
- Developing procedures to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Regularly performs ad hoc analysis and reporting as needed
- Delivery of the project and the required functionality tested and signed off, with all processes to ensure BCP readiness
- Institute disaster recovery management for the Bank to achieve set Recovery Point and Time objectives
- Develop visualizations of data to present to management and the Board.
- Ensure that vulnerabilities in core banking applications are proactively detected and remediated/Full detection and remediation of all vulnerabilities
- Install, monitor, maintain and performance tune all Production, Test & Development databases including but not limited to Oracle and SQL server.
- Upgrade database management systems, including but not limited to Oracle and SQL server.
- Developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of Oracle databases and their accompanying software.
- Install and upgrade database applications by applying patches and upgrades on a regular schedule.
- Provides technical support to application development teams. This is usually in the form of a help desk.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
Application Closing Date
18th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.