Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: DCS Engineer – Okpella Plant
Location: Okpella, Edo
Employment Type: Full Time
- Responsible for the management and implementation of instrumentation engineering and maintenance policies, strategies, and programmes in accordance with company policies and procedures to ensure optimal plant availability for production.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of an instrumentation strategy to accomplish the overall objectives of the organisation.
- Initiate, implement and manage the plant instrumentation maintenance programmes based on best practices in the cement industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Oversee the preparation of division/department capital and operating budgets.
- Ensure that instrumentation engineers and technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated to ensure that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Coordinate and direct the activities of the instrumentation staff to ensure that the reliability and availability of plant systems and equipment.
- Oversee the maintenance of existing plant instrumentation facilities and equipment; replacement and adjustments to plant facilities where necessary.
- Ensure cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures and manpower and initiate and carry out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Track, analyse and improve key maintenance parameters such as asset utilisation, maintenance cost, schedule compliance, etc.
- Direct, maintain and enforce the safety program for the maintenance department; review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance engineers and technicians.
- Coordinate activities and communicate with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Review plant instrumentation equipment maintenance projections and schedules.
- Ensure that equipment preventive maintenance programmes are implemented as per agreed schedule.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the programmes, maintenance reworks and makes recommendations.
- Enforce standards and safe work procedures for the plant and ensure regulations relating to the instrumentation department are met at all times.
- Provide training, development and leadership to plant instrumentation personnel.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Deputy Plant Director (Operations & Maintenance).
Educations and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Mechanical or Instrument / Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of twenty-one (21) years demonstrated operating experience in maintenance practices.
- In-depth knowledge of instrumentation operations and maintenance.
- In-depth knowledge in PLC & Distributed Control System (DCS)
- Commercial acumen and experience regarding how to maximise the financial returns of the project including the ability to manage contracts effectively and to compile and manage budgets and operating costs.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Commitment to implemented safety and environment regulations
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online