Deloitte Nigeria Job Recruitment 2020 – C4D/Polio LGA Facilitator: Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Deloitte Nigeria Job Recruitment 2020 – C4D/Polio LGA Facilitator
Job Title: C4D/Polio LGA Facilitator
Reference Number: DUN078
- The role is for a Deloitte Independent Facilitator who will take on responsibilities as a Communication LGA Facilitator for the UNICEF C4D/Polio Programme in Borno State. The LGA Facilitator will be located at the LGA level with frequent trips to the LGAs with high numbers of missing children in key wards.
- Particular emphasis will be on communication approaches to reach the populations in all high-risk areas, to eliminate missed children due to non-compliance and maximum reach for immunisation programmes. This facilitator will support other UNICEF C4D initiatives, in respect of health, education, nutrition, WASH and child protection activities, including COVID-19 as applicable.
- Supervise team of Volunteer Ward Supervisors (VWS), Polio Survivor Group (PSG) and Volunteer community Mobilizers (VCM) in his/her area(s) through regular monitoring, capacity building and supportive supervision.
- Work within a specified LGA, with its ward and settlement teams to ensure deeper ward/settlements analysis, planning and implementation of strategic communications interventions. The specific communication interventions to be implemented in each area will be informed by local knowledge, social data and unique characteristics of the wards/settlements.
- Consult with UNICEF Borno C4D, and the State Facilitator to mobilize and ensure the effective organization and functioning of LGA Social mobilization task team.
- Support LGA Health Educator in meetings of the LGA Social Mobilization team to plan, implement and report on communication interventions in support of the polio and non-polio SIA programmes and targeting high-risk wards within the state.
- Conduct regular community mapping exercises to identify vulnerable groups, hard to reach communities, strategic communication and mobilization delivery points and channels for messaging, advocacy and public education (micro-planning)
- Identify training needs/gaps of various groups and seek support from UNICEF Borno C4D and State Facilitator to implement capacity building activities to fill knowledge gaps and address deficiencies.
- Identify key local level influencers such as district heads, religious leaders, women groups, town announcers, traditional dancers, pharmacies, social and cultural groups and support the planning and implementation of such activities as Majigis, mop up activities, use of local town announcers and special events, to create high levels of public awareness to resolve non-compliance and reduce missed children.
- Monitor the relevance and use of IEC materials and make specific recommendations on their adaptability to local reality.
- Spend adequate time working with the various community groups and monitor all communication activities so that UNICEF’s support to local level communication interventions and their impact can be documented across all UNICEF programmes (Health/Polio, WASH, Education, Nutrition, Child Protection)
- Track the delivery and efficient utilization of campaign social mobilization funds at the LGA level. Report on how funds are spent to support various communication activities and facilitate in coordination with UNICEF Borno C4D and state facilitator, the effective use of SocMob funds (Channelled through the Government departments) at the state, LGA and WARD levels for Polio and non-Polio SIAs.
- Monitor and report on a monthly basis the factual and complete disbursement of honorariums to Volunteer Community Mobilizers, Polio Survivors Group and Volunteer Ward Supervisors, reporting immediately any misappropriation of funds to Borno UNICEF Programme Manager (polio) and State Facilitator.
- Actively participate in all State-level pre-campaign trainings as appropriate.
- Support all C4D activities in respective LGA/Wards/Settlements to promote child survival and protection.
- University Degree in the Social Sciences or related technical field.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station is an asset.
- At least three years progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international humanitarian organisations in programme planning, management, monitoring and evaluation of programmes.
- Experience in social mobilization, advocacy and communication in health-related programmes, training/capacity building, team leading and team building.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas, as well as to impart knowledge and teach skills
- Managerial and supervisory skills.
- Strong analytical(including data), negotiating, communication and advocacy skills
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- The role reports to the C4D/Polio State Facilitator
- The duty location covers Borno State
- The contract duration is 5 Months
Application Closing Date
3rd July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online