Smile 360 Dental Specialists – We are the leading dental clinic in Nigeria based on our customer’s satisfaction and awards won. Amongst many others, we are the “Winner of the Best Dental Service Provider of the year 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2021 consecutively, by the Nigerian Healthcare Excellence Award”. We are also the first and only clinic with Orthodontics, Dento-facial Orthopaedics, and pediatric dentistry. Our other services include Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Implant Dentistry Endodontic, Family dentistry, and Periodontics.
Our practice is extremely customer-friendly, ensuring that every visit is stress-free, memorable, fun, and worthwhile. We are passionate about oral health, giving superior customer interaction, and first-class standard services that you would expect in London or Dubai. With proficient and tested professionals committed to making every visit to our world-class luxurious facility seamless and enjoyable at every level.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Dental Hygienist
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Others may be assigned:
- Welcome and seat patients cheerfully.
- Prepare and properly set up treatment rooms for hygiene procedures.
- Review and update patient’s health history; chart progress, treatments, and home care compliance.
- Clean calculus deposits, accretions, and stains from teeth and beneath margins of gums using dental instruments, including scaling and root planning for patients with periodontal disease
- Apply fluorides and other cavity preventing agents to arrest dental decay.
- Assess and evaluate patient through the exam, patient records, and patient’s medical history to assist in the diagnosis of dental hygiene problems, disease, and efficacy of administered treatment plans.
- Recognize early signs of periodontal disease; chart restorations and notate areas of concern.
- Develop and present treatment plans.
- Capture x-rays, process, download and mount for the doctor to view; capable of interpreting x-rays independently.
- Examine gums, using probes, to locate periodontal recessed gums and signs of gum disease; communicate findings to patient and doctor.
- Selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient’s mouth, as needed.
- Educate and motivate patients on proper oral hygiene and corrective/preventative measures.
- Work chair side with Dentist as needed, assist the doctor in hygiene examination.
- Schedule appropriate re-care appointments.
- Assist hygiene assistant in sterilization duties.
- Maintain hygiene handpieces and instruments in good repair and sufficient supply.
- Fitting orthodontic headgear, face bows, tooth separators and bonded retainers
- Taking impressions
- Placing brackets and bands on teeth
- Giving advice on appliance care
- Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner.
- Must maintain regular, consistent and punctual attendance in accordance with assigned schedule and time off policies.
- Always maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Must be comfortable seeing and able to maintain a professional demeanour and attitude while working around blood and smells that may be unpleasant.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Associate’s Degree from ADA accredited dental hygienist school; Current State Licensure; CPR Certification; Preferred one-year dental experience.
- Certified in anaesthesia and/or Sedation, if appropriate
- Ability to perform basic dental procedures
- A high level of manual dexterity (be good with your hands)
- Good eyesight
- Good physical health
- A friendly and sympathetic approach with a calm, confident and reassuring manner
- An ability to relate well to a wide range of people
- Ability to use initiative and make an informed judgment
- Ability to use the computer
- Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in team settings.
- Have very good time management and organizational skills to manage the administrative aspects of the job.
- Problem solver
- Focused and patient
- Attentive to details
- Ability to manage pressure
- A team player
N75,000 – N150,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
14th December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.