Pro-Health International is a faith-based, non-profit organization that has provided free health care services to under-served populations in Nigeria for over 30 years. CDC and USAID have funded PHI to implement HIVIAIDS prevention, treatment and care projects, OVC projects and Global Health security projects.
Pro-Health International is inviting suitable candidates to fill the underlisted position below, contingent on an award on the Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) funded by USAID to be implemented in Nigeria:
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) / Technical Director
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Under the Chief of Party (COP), this position will be responsible for overseeing management and technical operations.
- The DCOP should have leadership qualities with excellent interpersonal and organizational qualities.
- At a minimum, the candidate must have extensive experience managing similar projects and should have in-depth technical knowledge and experience in all components of the HIV/AIDS program including Prevention, Treatment, Care & Support, PMTCT HIV/TB, OVCs as well as cross-cutting areas like HSS etc.
- The position oversees the program’s collaborating, leaming and adapting (CLA) process in collaboration with the COP, ensure that the program’s CLA approach is applied with consistency and rigor, work with the leadership team to apply program learnings in pursuit of adaptive management.
Qualifications / Skills
At a minimum, the proposed DCOP/Technical Director position will have:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, or a related field, and at least 8 years’ experience working as a senior level manager in a public health program in a developing country.
- Progressive experience with HIV prevention, treatment, and/or care and support programming including in design, implementation, monitoring and reporting of activities of similar size and complexity in Nigeria or a similar setting.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills, and ability to work well on team.
Application Closing Date
14th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter along with their Resume / CV as one document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
- Equal Opportunity: Pro-Health International is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.