FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party, OtL
Requisition – 2021200898
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
- The DCOP is responsible for development and implementation of safe, quality learning activities that will benefit children and youth adversely effected by Northeast Nigeria’s fragile context, including but not limited to on-going and severe communitarian violence, lack of access to safe learning spaces, and lack of access to quality teaching.
- The DCOP is aware of the pressures that prevent youth from entering the market place successfully and will bring with her/him contextual knowledge of relevant Civil Society Organizations (CSOs). The DCOP will work closely across stakeholders, both inside and outside of the project and with the education cluster and counterparts.
- The DCOP will ensure that program components are evidence based, responsive to changing needs, conflict sensitive and coordinated with other education, health, WASH and nutrition activities.
- The DCOP will have a major focus on achieving results in all areas and ensuring that sub-awardees are able to deliver services on time and on budget while ensuring cohesive activities across partners and result areas.
- The DCOP will participate and engage in technical meetings and maintain positive relationships with donors, government officials, INGO partners, and sub-awardees. The DCOP will oversee a team of technical specialists and, at times, act as the Chief of Party.
- Master’s degree or higher in Education, international development, or a related field.
- At least (10) ten years of experience supporting education projects in developing or conflict affected countries. Experience working in Northeast Nigeria strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing education programing that is flexible and responsive to changing needs and security.
- Experience providing formal and non-formal education services at pre-primary and primary levels.
- Must have at least five years of progressively more responsible supervisory experience that involves direct leadership of professional and support staff as well as oversight and evaluation of staff performance.
- Demonstrated success in managing sub-contracts/sub-grants with international consortiums, local organizations, and community-based groups.
- Strong understanding of monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) activities and experience working with MEL counterparts to measure, learn from and adapt programming.
- Ability to respond to donor needs on MEAL, and to latch those to any pivots in the context regarding down turns or improvements in the operating context.
- Experience managing large scale activities including conducting strategic planning, work planning, contingency planning and report writing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of United States Government rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly challenging political context with multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors.
- Ability to forecast needs in the education sector as it relates not only to student learning but with regard to civic stability.
- Fluency in English required.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
- FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others – and yourself.