Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Programme Manager – Institutional Engagement
Locations: Maiduguri, Borno and Potiskum, Yobe
Direct Line Manager: Nutrition and Health Programme Manager
Slot: 2 Openings
- Action Against Hunger is looking for a Deputy Programme Manager-Institutional Engagement to contribute to the successful implementation of nutrition and health program activities in Yobe state.
- Update and maintain 5W/4W mapping (Health, and Nutrition sector) on a regular basis for the operational LGAs; and share with nutrition and Health PM;
- Update stakeholder contact information state level and targeted local government level for nutrition and health sector on a regular basis;
- Develop health facility matrix for tracking gaps in service provisions, HRH, supplies, technical capacities, information management and availability of policies/guidelines at health facility level;
- Liaise with Nutrition and Health service delivery team; and keep them updated about the identified gaps on a regular basis;
- Ensure a feedback mechanism is established-between health facility-LGA-state with active participation from State and LGA authorities;
- Supporting the development of HSS diagnosis and Health System Strengthening (HSS) action plan for the targeted LGAs;
- In close collaboration with SMoH, collect available state level health policies, acts and guidelines and training manuals and share with line manager
- Support N/H Programme Manager to organize workshops and meetings at state level in regards to HSS;
- Ensure close collaboration with logistic and finance during planning of workshops, trainings and/or meeting that requires financial advances and/or logistical procurement etc.
- Ensure close collaboration with logistic during any assessment/supervision visits planning, data collection for arranging transportation and other logistical aspects
- Review and update budget planning including HSS related follow up regular activities on a regular basis and share with N/H Programme Manager.
- Maintain close collaboration with state MoH, primary care agencies and LGA public health and nutrition coordinators;
- Lead the data collection for health center assessment with the SMoH and AAH;
- Work with the PM, project staff and State/LGA counterparts to identify capacity gaps thought a HSS lens and making practical recommendations and plan of action on addressing capacity gaps per HSS pillar and share with the Nutrition and Health PM.
- Work closely with other project staff to ensure that projects’ strategies and approaches are delivered in a coherent and coordinated way and in line with log frame targets.
- Build strong partnerships with the government at state and LGA level and other key stakeholder to ensure to ensure that AAH projects are in line with government priorities and the successful implementation of the projects
- Represent AAH professionally ensuring the AAH projects are well regarded at LGA and State level
- With support from N/H Programme Manager , develop follow up mechanism and tools for tracking progress on the agreed HSS action plans
- Support project officers in conducting supervision and monitoring visit to health facilities jointly with LGA/State public health coordinators
- Engage with State Health Information System officers to follow up on the progress on reporting and improve on quality of reporting in the DHIS 2;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine Public Health / Nutrition / Health Systems / Health Economics / Health policy or related field
- Certificate in project management for development will be an added advantage
- 3 years’ experience in primary health care system, CMAM AND IYCF;
- Good understanding of health systems strengthening;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of primary health care and nutrition services in Nigeria;
- Previous role at coordination level is required;
- At least three (3) years demonstrated experience in managing and supervising a team.
- Ability to engage and build effective working relationships at multiple levels with Ministry of Health personnel, implementing partners, NGOs and INGOs;
- Demonstrated ability to develop individual and institutional capacity;
- Solid understanding of cluster/sector coordination mechanisms;
- Fluency in spoken and written English language, Fluency in Hausa or, Kanuri language will be added advantage.
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN 339,448 per month.
Application Closing Date
11th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply