Paga is a licensed financial services company and a leading payments company in Nigeria with a massive transformative purpose – to make it simple for one billion people to access and use money. It was founded on the simple belief that the ubiquity of mobile phones can be leveraged in building an ecosystem that enables people to digitally send and receive money and creating simple financial access for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Developer Community Engagement Lead
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Reports to: Software Team Lead / Software Architect
- Our purpose at Paga is to make it simple for 1 billion people to access and use money. We do that by delivering innovative financial services to the mass market across large, underserved markets.
- We were founded on the simple belief that the growing ubiquity of the internet and mobile phones enables us to build an ecosystem that empowers everyone to digitally send and receive money and to use simple but meaningful financial services.
- At Paga we value above all else, Collaboration, Ownership, Results Orientation, Integrity and Innovation (CORII). As a Developer Community Engagement Lead at Paga, you will be responsible for bringing Paga’s developer-focus APIs and tools to the developer communities in the countries where Paga operates with the goal of improving these products and their update by the developer community. This includes engaging developer groups, hosting developer-centric activities, improving Paga’s developer-focused offerings based on feedback from the community, improving Paga’s support for its developer community.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- A Degree in a related discipline
- 2+ years of continuous experience working on in a technical role engaged in delivering API-driven software solutions
- Proven positive engagement with the developer community in the operating country
- Ability to multitask very well
- Community Knowledge – Has a proven positive engagement history with the developer community in the country where s/he works. Understands the dynamics of the community and how to engage them effectively
- Community Networking – Maintains a passion for networking with the developer community space and is able to cultivate and leverage community networks to gain and share knowledge about Paga’s offerings
- Technical Sophistication – Understands both broad and specific nuances of third-party platform development tools (APIs, tools, widgets, libraries, SDKs)
- Sector Sophistication – Has and cultivates a solid understanding of the financial services infrastructural elements in the country of operation
- Technical Documentation – Has an excellent understanding of technical software documentation and presentation and can provide feedback and/or edit technical documentation to improve its usability and effectiveness
- Customer-Centricity – If focused on the satisfaction of customers (developers) and can effectively translate that into product and service-delivery improvements in the organization.
- Process Adherence & Development – Helps oversee process adherence across the team and contributes meaningfully to process improvement.
Non-Technical Values & Traits
- Scope – Owns end-to-end responsibility of medium-sized or relatively complex projects including engagement with project stakeholders. Requires little supervision of day-to-day work and consults with colleagues when appropriate.
- Initiative – Independently identifies opportunities and develops effective actions/activities to achieve the goals for the team. Independently seeks out ways to improve the system and product offerings and proposes them to the team leadership.
- Follow Through/Scrappiness/Grit/Availability – Drives high-quality completion of their projects fairly independently with little-to-no supervision. Influences stakeholders in their areas effectively to bring solutions to life.
- Business Impact Awareness, Pragmatism – Understands the trade-offs between technical, analytical and product goals, and strive to create solutions that satisfy all these goals. Is highly available or community engagement activities or events which are often not restricted to normal “working hours”.
- Vision & Strategic Perspective – Engages in the strategic decision-making process and provides useful input to strategy. Consistently provides strategic context and understanding to other team members
- Collaboration – Courteous, tactful and diplomatic. Responds positively to request for help from internal and external partners. Does his/her share of tasks. Takes on additional work, when asked, to help a colleague out. Keeps people informed of progress on key tasks.
- Ownership & Results Orientation – Demonstrates self-motivation and initiative taking in personal and professional level. Takes decisive and accurate action to deliver value. Accepts responsibility for outcomes even when elements are not within his/her control, providing a balanced and objective explanation. Supports and encourages others to adopt a constructive attitude to the successful completion of work responsibilities. Share own successes and praise others for motivation. Motivates colleagues through their own enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
- Integrity – IS honest without fail. Treats everyone with respect. Expresses an interest in the way people behave, recognizing the importance of attitudes and motives. Acknowledges the good work of others. Pays close attention to the needs of others.
- Policy Adherence – Keeps up to date with rules and regulations. Applies policies, processes and procedures to daily working. Identifies and proposes solutions for improvements to ways of working.
- Communication – Expresses ideas or facts clearly. Good written and verbal communication skills. Promotes two-way communication with others through correct interpretation of messages and appropriate responses. Communicates in a non-threatening way, shows empathy.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on grounds of colour, race, nationality, religion, age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation in our employment practices.