Mastercard – We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director, Customer Engagement and Performance
Reference ID: R-181274
Employment Type: Full Time
- This role offers a dynamic and energetic individual to enable customer participation in the Mastercard global ecosystem through customer facing opportunities to enhance ecosystem performance, and enabling value add to participants.
- The individual will be the primary interface with external Customers, industry stakeholders, and Country/Account Managers regarding all matters relating to Franchise Customer Engagement and Performance (CEP) within the Sub-Sahara Africa (SSA) region, with a focus on West and East Africa.
- The role manages all aspects of Mastercard ecosystem management with special focus on participant performance optimization in the areas of fraud, approval rates, chargebacks and adherence to Mastercard Standards in Sub-Sahara Africa markets.
- The individual will act as trusted advisor and go-to person for internal and external stakeholders on Core, Architecture & Standards, Dispute Resolution Management and Innovation.
- Create and communicate a regional performance optimization approach which addresses both customer and SSA region business imperatives in partnership with the region management team.
- Establish and execute effective engagement models and business relationships between and among customers and key industry stakeholders throughout the region which facilitate Mastercard’s positive influence related to stakeholder performance.
- Ensure the delivery of detailed customer community meetings, Advanced Fraud Management trainings and Franchise Management Program (FMP) operational reviews of customers, Payment Facilitators (PF) and service providers (SPs).
- Identify, develop and deliver opportunities to develop advisory solutions to address customer problems and identify commercialization opportunities regionally and globally.
- Act as the primary point of contact for Country/Account managers on customer performance management topics.
- Support colleagues and customers with all performance matters such as FLD, QMAP, BRAM, Data Integrity and Payment Facilitators and provide insight.
- Support internal teams in the identification and sale of Products and Services to customers
- Where relevant and together with Senior Management, represent and voice Mastercard position on industry matters in Sub-Sahara Africa markets.
- Experience in payments industry of at least years 12 years with at least 7 years of experience in fraud/ operations/ risk/ product management.
- Experience in Nigeria market preferred, particularly with a financial institution, consulting organisation or fintech.
- Technical aptitude with experience in multiple systems areas/disciplines, preferably including bank cards operation and Mastercard payment systems.
- Ability to work in a high paced and complex environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English with ability to communicate at both business and technical levels. Proven skills communicating with all levels of management, including strong effective presentation skills.
- Effective decision making capability, problem resolution, and thought leadership.
- Demonstrated customer facing experience & skills
- Ability to travel
- Analytic skills & report writing
- Strong project and change management skills. Proficiency in Microsoft applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Leadership: takes ownership of Franchise related matters to drive and deliver corporate goals & objectives
- Collaboration: collaborates effectively by taking ownership for areas of responsibility and works with SSA region leadership team members to achieve common goals. Ensures risks are communicated to region and Franchise leadership timely; drives problem solving with leadership teams to address challenges.
- Execution: drives execution by making thoughtful decisions that take brand, fraud, operations, and legal risks into account in a timely manner, making efficient use of time and incorporating contingencies into planning; follow through on commitments.
- Performance: drives own performance through recognizing personal strengths and challenges and works to expand own capabilities.
- Flexibility: Identifies opportunities to adjust current practices and policies in a thoughtful manner to address new business opportunities; ensures key internal stakeholder agreement to new courses of action in advance of implementation.
- Problem solving: Thinks creatively to identify best solutions and own actions to implement same.
- Strong Analytic Skills: Ability to analyze all available customer data (fraud, authorization, clearing) to identify area of potential stakeholder improvements. When identified, ability to influence customers to implement appropriate corrective actions in a balanced manner.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online