Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Job Identification: 3000028
Job Category: Operations and Administration
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Shift: Day
- The CORE Group Partnership Project (CGPP) is a multi-country, multi-partner initiative providing financial support, on-the-ground technical guidance and support to strengthen host country efforts to eradicate polio.
- The premise of this project is to work through existing networks of international and local NGOs with established child survival activities in high-risk areas of priority countries.
- A country-level Secretariat coordinates the work of CORE group members in a manner that complements the work of other implementing partners. The work of all CORE members is in support of the national action plan for polio eradication, 5-year health plans and consistent with national MDG goals.
- Drivers will be responsible for ensuring that the minimum maintenance standard of the CRS / Nigeria’s fleet is the vehicle manufacturer’s specification.
- He/She will also follow up and ensure that routine preventative maintenance schedules for the vehicles are strictly adhered to in a manner that will assure reliable transportation of CRS staff, assets and other goods.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Under the guidance of the STL, support all transport logistics and transport movements for the CRS field office and staff in Kaduna.
- Make recommendations and implement measures that will safeguard the CRS Nigeria vehicles and vehicle equipment to enhance efficiency and reduce the possibility of theft or damage.
- Ensure that daily checks are performed on assigned vehicle before it is driven in the morning.
- Completes the Daily Vehicle Reports and submits to the Fleet officer each day
- Check and ensure that all journeys and trips (no matter how short) are recorded using the Vehicle Log-sheet provided in each vehicle.
- Notifies the Fleet Officer immediately in accident situations, after checking that all persons involved are safe and follows the procedure for what to do in case of an accident.
- Ensures that fuel does not fall below half tank in any of the vehicles.
- Responsible for ensuring that CRS vehicles are clean all the time.
- Be familiar with and ensure adherence to the CRS policies and guidelines in the Vehicle Usage and Maintenance Manuals.
- Ensure adherence of all passengers with CRS Covid-19 protocol.
- Ensure that all travel planning procedures are followed by staff traveling in CRS vehicles and that all the relevant forms are completed
- Maintain a file for all vehicle request and all travel related forms
- Accurately complete the Motor vehicle Monthly reports /Fuel Usage report and motor vehicle monthly Maintenance report by the 2nd of each month
- Ensure that vehicles are driven safely and in line with CRS procedures and regulations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time by the fleet officer/manager
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Pool drivers, Fleet Manager/ officer, Head of Office, Program staff, Admin staff, Finance staff and all other CRS staff.
- External: CRS Nigeria Partners and Visitors
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Nigerian driver’s license and good knowledge of Kaduna, Kano, Yobe, Jigawa and most Nigerian roads
- Minimum of two (2) years professional experience in a similar position.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Must be flexible and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good knowledge of vehicle mechanics
- Good coordination and leadership abilities
- Ability to use the Microsoft suite of computer software applications especially MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of Hausa will be an added Advantage.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 75 % and stay in difficult environments.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):T
hese are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship.
Application Closing Date
29th August, 2022 at 11:45 AM.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian Nationals Only.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
- CRS talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
- EOE/M/F/D/V – CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (For all US and International positions).
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.