The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver III
Job Requisition ID: R2255
Job Type: Full time
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH.
- The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention.
- PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
Main Purpose of the Job
- Under the overall supervision of the State Coordinator, the Driver’s job is to provide transport support services to all technical program areas.
- The driver is also required to drive MSH vehicles while transporting staffs which include:
- Employees and VIP visitors. Drivers are also responsible for overseeing vehicle maintenance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive project staff to activities and meeting within and outside of Abuja.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records relating to individual vehicle use.
- Ensure all aspects of vehicle policy are being followed and enforced during your assignments.
- Inspect vehicle prior to travel to assure all fluids, tires, wipers, belts etc are in good working order.
- Signal any sign of need for maintenance or other problem with the vehicle to the transport and logistic associate.
- Keep vehicle health log updated.
- Ensure the security of the vehicle when outside of the office.
- Ensure the safety of all passengers.
- Submit all expense reports in a timely manner to accounting, properly completed.
- Ensure that appropriate staff members are aware of and understand laws, contract/award and donor requirements, and MSH policies and procedures
- Monitor and ensure compliance.
- The responsibilities and duties are indicative only. The responsibilities and duties are subject to change to meet the needs of the project, the organization and the donor.
Required Minimum Experience
- High School Degree. University degree preferred.
- 2 – 4 years of related work experience with International organizations in Nigeria.
- Sound judgment, non-aggressive driving style and good communication skills.
- Valid Driving License.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of standard driving practices
- Good driving record.
- Ability to travel to other states if required
- Experience working in the location/Understanding of the terrain.
- Mental programs for interpreting and responding to events automatically; and motivations which activate and direct safe behaviour and anticipate problems
- Ability to organize and complete manual and routine tasks as assigned
- Ability to perform at an acceptable level of control skill.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and active listening skills.
- Fluency in English and dominant language of Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
- MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status.