Apply for the ongoing African Union (AU) Jobs Recruitment 2020 / 2021 via African Union (AU) career jobs & Vacancies Recruitment portal. SSCE minimum qualification. The African Union, established as a unique Pan African continental body, is charged with spearheading Africa’s rapid integration and sustainable development by promoting unity, solidarity, cohesion and cooperation among the peoples of Africa and African States as well as developing a New Partnership worldwide.
The African Union Commission invites applicants who are citizens of Member States to apply for the post below at the African Continental Free Trade Area Secretariat (AfCFTA) based at its headquarters in Accra, Ghana:
African Union (AU)
Job Posting Title: Driver (Local Contract) (AFCFTA)
Reference Code: AfCFTA (11.17.2020) 12
Location: Accra, Ghana
Contract Type: Regular (Long Duration)
Employment Fraction: Full-time
Branch: The AfCFTA Secretariat
Grade: GSB 7
Slot: 3 Openings
Summary of main duties and responsibilities:
- Drive office vehicles and transport authorized personnel; receive from and drop officials to the airport;
- Observe minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) and ensure compliance;
- Collect and deliver official mails, documents, and other items;
- Take care of the day to day maintenance of assigned vehicles, check oil, water, battery and brakes; maintain vehicle logbook and record all official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes and greasing; comply with all the rules and regulations relating to the AfCFTA Secretariat’s management of vehicles planning and coordinating;
- Ensure that vehicle documents are available and valid;
- As well as perform other related duties as may be required
Required Education and Work experience required:
- A minimum of high school certificate with a clean valid driver’s license, at least three (3) years of working experience as a driver in a registered international organization, national organization, or public service agency;
- Defensive, VIP driving trainings and/or mechanical trainings and knowledge of computer office applications (MS Word and Excel e.t.c.) are an added advantage;
Skills and Competencies:
- We are looking for a Driver who is able to work under minimal supervision, proactive and can maintain confidentiality at all times.
- A person with integrity, flexible, committed and with ability to work in a multi-cultural work environment.
- In addition, the driver should have good time management, excellent interpersonal skills with ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure with a wide range of individuals and institutions.
Tenure of appointment:
- The appointment will be made on regular contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months are considered probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AfCFTA Secretariat is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French and Portuguese) is a must. Knowledge of other working languages would be an added advantage.
Indicative annual basic salary for this position is US$6,935.00 (GSB 7 Step 1) plus other related entitlements for locally recruited staff of the African Union.
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2020.
Method of Application for African Union (AU) Vacancies
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following;
- Cover letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names and contacts of at least 2 referees; copies of required diploma;
- Copy of valid license;
- The National Identity Card and photocopies of any document which justifies the candidate’s professional experience.
- Applicants must also submit two (02) verifiable letters of recommendations; and a certificate of non-conviction issued not less than 3 months ago.
- A valid work and residence permit for applicants who are not citizens of Ghana.
All the applications must be made through E-mail: [email protected]
Submitt in person at:
AfCFTA Secretariat Headquarters,
Africa Trade House,
Liberia Road, Ridge,