SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical & Instrumentation Calibration Technician – M / F
Reference ID: 2021-21085
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contract Type: Permanent contract
Contractual Hours: On demand
- Spie Nigeria is actively looking for a Electrical & Instrumentation Calibration Technician to join one of its key project.
- Experience in calibration of electrical, instrument and mechanical testing equipment.
- Routine testing and monitoring of testing equipment.
- Analysis and interpretation of testing result data.
- Troubleshooting when results fall out with the expected range.
- Repair of equipment as necessary.
- Ordering of parts if required.
- Installation of new repaired or parts as it may be required.
- Compilation of reports for facility management.
- Ensure the accuracy of the measurements taken using this equipment.
- Responsible for routine monitoring and maintenance.
- Reporting to QA/QC Engineer.
Qualification and Qualities required for Calibration Technician include but not limited to:
- Communication – both written and verbal communication skills are necessary. May be required to report outcomes of tests to Customers, routinely liaise with colleagues to schedule testing and repair, compile reports for management and deal indirectly with suppliers for replacement equipment or parts.
- Attention to detail – precision is essential in this role, the smallest details have to be noted and acted upon when necessary. Must also follow the SOPs for testing and calibration of equipment in an extremely strict manner
- Coordination – will be working with a range of manufacturing equipment, conducting tests in strict adherence to SOPs and protocols
- Analytical skills – must be able to take raw test data and analyze it accurately, reaching sound conclusions. Must also be able to critically analyze problems and come up with innovative solutions when required
- Team working – must work closely with colleagues to define testing routines, protocols, and schedules
- IT skills – data entry and database use is an important part of the job and must be done in accordance with any internal SOPs and external regulatory protocols
- Education background – must possessed electrical and instrument background with a minimum of Ordinary National Diploma (OND) certificate.
- Year of working experience – Candidate must have at least two years of working experience in Electrical instrumentation and mechanical calibration activities.
- Work related training – Candidate must have be training in the area of Electrical, instrumentation and mechanical calibration activities.
- HSE Commitment – candidate must adhere to company HSE policy.
Minimum level of experience required:
- 3 years or more.
- English (E-Native or bilingual proficiency).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online