Since its creation, SPIE Oil & Gas Services mission as a service company has been to transform work into energy, and vice versa. Over 3,000 engineers and technicians dedicate themselves every day to projects with a spirit of adventure where risk-taking is mitigated by preparation.
Job Title: Electrical & Instrumentation Trainer * M/F
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
About the job
SPIE OIL &GAS Nigeria is currently looking for a Electrical & Instrumentation Trainer to join its work force in Nigeria. Based in Port Harcourt, the main purpose of the job is:
- Deliver theoretical and OJT programmes for electrical & instruments technicians, supervisors, specialists and graduate engineers to enable a common high level of competence.
- Responsible for the implementation and compliance of the E&I Engineering and Maintenance Team Competence assurance system across the Spie business in all assets.
- Support line managers in identifying needs and ensuring these needs are met in a consistent and cost effective manner.
Principal responsibilities shall include:
- Deliver theoretical and OJT programmes for electrical & instruments technicians, supervisors, specialists and graduate engineers.
- Develop and prepare all course teaching materials and visual aids liaising as required with the Recruitment Team. This will also include any course reference materials and/or student workbooks.
Maintain electronic and hard copy of all individual training records and to provide accurate reports as and when required.
- Provide the client with detailed student progress reports containing the assessment, level of competence, attendance and behaviors of the trainees.
- Liaise with equipment vendors and any additional specialist instrumentation suppliers to ensure that teaching materials support the knowledge required for a trainee to develop satisfactory workplace competence.
- Conduct instrument and control overview training program for production personnel and others requiring a basic presentation on the plants operational control features.
Design appropriate courses for the trainees and to schedule their release to the operational plant to enable them to quickly develop and utilize their new skills on the job.
- Conduct refresher training courses and additional remedial program if requested
Desired Skills and Experience
- You have extensive experience working in the Oil & Gas Services industry as an Electrical & Instrumentation Trainer.
- Good knowledge & usage of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Deadline: Not Stated
How to Apply: All interested candidates should Click Here to apply.