Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (Nigeria) Limited [NESCO (Nigeria) Limited] is incorporated under the Companies Act of the Laws of Nigeria. Its core business is to generate, distribute, supply and retail electric power in Plateau State and adjacent States.
In its drive to ensure improved and sustained efficiency and effectiveness in delivery of its mandate with strategic leadership and management, NESCO (Nigeria) Limited is recruiting fully qualified, highly motivated, and well experienced persons to fill the rewarding vacant position below:
Job Titles: Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Technician
Job Purpose and Functions
- The Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Technicians shall be responsible to the Assistant Chief Engineer (Generation) or Assistant Chief Engineer (Services) through the Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineers in the performance of his/her duties and responsibilities.
- They must have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in operational and electrical or mechanical practices including design, development, installation, and maintenance of electrical or mechanical systems preferably in power generation and distribution systems set-up.
- The candidates must be able in a multi-functional teams’ environment and effectively lead and manage teams of electricians, fitters, artisans, etc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Electrical/Mechanical Technician shall be responsible, but not limited, for the following:
- Supervising electrical/mechanical electricians, fitters, artisans;
- Carrying out operations, routine checks, repairs, breakdown & preventive maintenance of power generation plant & its auxiliaries and distribution network equipment and systems;
- Assist in planning, designing, and implementing cost-effective plant, equipment, and systems rehabilitation, modenisation and upgrade to improve safety, reliability, and effectiveness of power supply;
- Carrying out operations and monitoring operating conditions (including recording parameters, operations events, and occurrences) of power plants and distribution network equipment and systems including switchgear etc to ensure efficient & effective performance;
- Ensuring that electrical & mechanical systems, plant, equipment, installations, and operations meet and conform to industry standards, statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Trouble shooting, diagnosing, rectifying faults using fault-testing equipment, and repairing & replacing malfunctioning equipment, appliances, apparatus, systems, and defective components in various electrical/mechanical fixtures;
- Recording all breakdown/corrective and preventive maintenance findings, feedbacks, and improvements;
- Developing, designing, building/constructing/fabricating, and testing electrical and mechanical parts, devices & systems using hand and power tools and specifications;
- Assist in preparation of electrical & mechanical systems specifications and drawings;
- Initiating procurement of spare parts materials, supplies, equipment required for operations and maintenance works;
- Assisting in carrying out administrative duties to enhance smooth relationship between the departments’ sections and also with other relevant Corporation’s departments;
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, schematics, and other engineering diagrams;
- Training co-workers on the safe and efficient use of electrical/mechanical machinery and equipment;
- Maintaining a tidy, safe, and healthy work environment and adhering to industry regulations;
- Advising management on continued use of unsuitable equipment, appliances, and apparatus; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications and Work Experience
- The ideal candidates should have a minimum qualification of a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a reputable and recognized Polytechnic, with at least three (3) years post qualifying hands-on working experience in the relevant field, preferably in a hydroelectric power generation and distribution industry.
- The Applicants must also be registered members of engineering professional bodies including the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) as Technologists.
Required Key / Core Competencies, Attributes, and Skills:
- Have strong oral and written Communication skills to be able to consult with other staff members;
- Have the physical ability to carry out tasks in uncomfortable place such as high areas and confined spaces;
- Have excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills;
- Have good attention to accuracy and detail;
- Be computer literate;
- Be of high integrity;
- Have great organizational and time management abilities;
- Be willing to work full-time hours, and in any of our remote areas of operation;
- Be able to supervise himself and manage other members of a team; and
- Have extensive knowledge of workshop Practice and use of machines and equipment.
- The position require persons who have demonstrable capacity to initiate innovations geared at making NESCO (Nigeria) Limited a rejuvenated, vibrant, and competitive power utility company.
- The right interested candidates should have prospects to build a meaningful career within the Electricity Supply Industry.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications, under confidential Cover Letter either by post, courier or e-mail, enclosing Copies of Certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names, postal and e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of Three (3) Traceable Referees to:
The Managing Director,
Nigerian Electricity Supply Corporation (Nigeria) Limited,
10 Barkin Ladi Road,
P. O. Box 15,
Bukuru, Jos South,
Plateau State, Nigeria.
Send electronic copies of Application to: email@example.com
- Those who already applied for this position during the past one year do not need to apply again.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and invited for interviews.