British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Technician – Utilities
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Seniority Level: Non-management
What You Will Be Accountable For
- Operate assigned Utilities/Engineering equipment according to the standard operating procedures to achieve target equipment availability and efficiency
- Conduct corrective and preventive maintenance on equipment following standard general engineering and BAT standard practices to keep them in base condition
- Check that equipment have a maintenance plan/schedule in conformance to manufacturer’s standards.
- Conduct daily and weekly cleaning, inspection and lubrication maintenance schedule according to prescribed procedures to ensure efficient machine performance.
- Complete relevant documents/checklists as required in order to ensure availability of accurate maintenance and consumption data.
- Apply EHS procedures and good housekeeping practices in order to prevent personal injuries and damage to equipment.
- Ensure a prompt end of shift report of all Technical issues preventing the machines in his domain from achieving optimum performance.
- Carry out a comprehensive maintenance job with necessary supervision and of other team members and equipment specialists to achieve this aim.
- Have a high level of knowledge and hands-on skills in operating a range of electrical equipment (motors, pumps, inverters, generators, compressors).
- Perform RCAs of major failures in assigned utility plants
- Provide comprehensive daily report and update on all customers’ requests or complaints for the assigned plant or shift.
- Provide valuable support to ensure that all NC / Audit action point delivered OTIF.
- Seek for regular feedback or coaching sessions at least once a quarter from Team Leader.
- Drive the right attitude throughout the department lead by example and display high level of responsibility
- Attend to any other responsibility that may be assigned from time to time.
Essential Experience, Skills And Knowledge
- Minimum of HND in Electrical Engineering or related course
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with Power Equipment (Power Generation, Drives & Motors, Electrical Panels), of which at least two has been spent at an FMCG
- Sound knowledge in the assembly of intricate parts with allowable tolerance limits.
- Ability to sketch electrical network designs
- Ability to draft spare parts and consumables list for equipment maintenance
- Basic Knowledge of Costing is required.
- Experience in working with high-medium voltage.
Competitive salary + excellent benefits + market leading bonus.
Application Closing Date