9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National / Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineer, Fibre Infrastructure
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Assist in the planning, implementation, and operations of EMTS Nigeria Core Transport (National & Metro fibre / DWDM) network infrastructure and architecture for various services.
- Support the deployment of the fibre network technology (SDH, DWDM, OTN, OADM and IP) for the national backbone transmission.
- Support the optic network planning for the metropolitan ring , last mile fibre network design and enterprise fibre connectivity.
- Support the fibre interconnection and transmission infrastructure to other telecom operators.
- Participate in the planning and design of the Synchronization Network, Core Network Integration, leased circuits provisioning, International Traffic dimensioning and provisioning
- Ensure proper implementation of processes and procedures to guide fibre network roll outprocess
- Ensure that EMTS’s fibre network design is in line with accepted local and international standards.
- Prepare the low-level design plans for migration of legacy (TDM) transport to NGN network IP Network (IPRAN/MEN etc)
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and database of existing fibre transmission infrastructure
- Work with the procurement team for the development of RFP with procurement for the fibre network rollout
- Interface with finance teams to develop Business cases and Board Papers to support optical network projects
- Prepare optical network capacity forecast, network capacity matrix and distribution
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to fiber transmission planning and design WIFI-technologies, Low cost satellite and Higher bandwidth access technologies
- Participate in strategic analysis to transform existing legacy TDM network to scalable, flexible NGN IP/MPLS backhaul network
- Manage vendors appropriately to timely provide HLD and LLD documents for core transmission projects
- Perform other duties as instructed by the Manager, Core and Transmission Planning.
- First Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- Three (3) to five(5) years relevant work experience
- Certified Fiber-Optic Installer (FOI) and/or Certified Fiber Optics Installer – Outside Plant (FOI-OSP).
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Telecommunications& Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- Evolving IP and Optical Architectures
- Synchronization requirement of 2/3/4/ 5G Networks
- IP / MPLS Technologies.
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online