MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineer – Switch Support, Network NG
Job Identification: 1749
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Reports To: Manager Switch Operations
- Troubleshoot & Resolve faults on Core network node elements
- Conduct Acceptance Tests on core network node elements for the purpose of integration in to MTN network
- Provide on-site support to internal & External stakeholders
- Support route integration and expansion
- Route maintenance and monitoring to ensure optimal availability
- Supervise and Manage vendors for core network node integration & third-party related projects within the Switch
- Perform routine mainatenace as scheduled on core network nodes in line with business continuity requirement
- Ensure 100% availability and transfer of billing & performance measurement stats files between core nodes & corresponding file processing servers
- Support effective Switch Floor space management process
- Conduct routine Switch inspections with ESS, SHE, Compliance and Facility teams to ensure proper house-keeping
- Define & conduct external power alarm simulation tests with ESS team to ensure redundant power supply is maintained in the Switch
- Prepare Daily/weekly/Monthly & Quarterly Dashboard reporting for Switch Alarms, Billing, Projects, Spares management (SPMS), Routine maintenance, Achievements & Targets
- Conduct faulty spares logistics management (SPMS) with vendors within agreed SLA
- Ensure Switch Center Access Policy is enforced with 100% compliance
- First Degree in Electrical / Electronics or any Numerical Sciences from a reputable institution.
- ICT literate.
- Fluent in English.
3 – 7 years of experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years experience with hands on in an ICT environment
- Experience working in a medium-sized organization
- Experience in maintenance/management of core node systems