Apply for latest jobs / vacancies in Nigeria in the EEDC Recruitment 2020. The Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) is one of the eleven electricity distribution companies that emerged after the unbundling of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN). The company is saddled with the primary responsibility of distributing and marketing electricity to end users within the five states in the South-East geo-political zone; namely: Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo, with a total of 18 Business District offices across these states.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training and Development Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Human Resources
- Strategic assessment of skills and knowledge shortfall of the company’s workforce and proactively determine the most suitable and cost effective training and development approaches that can best bridge the gaps while also implementing the appropriate strategies that will grow and sustain the best skills in the organization.
- Identify training and development needs within the organisation through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with line managers and other units in the human resources department.
- Develop effective induction programmes for new staff, interns and graduate trainees.
- Conduct company wide and departmental based Training Needs Assessments (TNA); collect and analyse data to determine performance gaps and recommend training solutions.
- Design and implement training programs using a variety of modalities depending on the needs, including advanced e-learning activities, instructor-led training, etc.
- Review training program evaluations, test results, participant and manager feedback on training effectiveness to make recommendations for program optimization.
- Develop appropriate training materials; recommend revisions for existing training courses and possible areas requiring training courses for Staff and Management.
- Identify suitable training vendors (Vendor Engagement) and verify satisfactory delivery of programmes; Partner with organizations (NAPTIN, ITF, etc.) to certify training programs align with the specification.
- Develop the training plan/budget and monitor the expenditure of all training activities for proper record purposes.
- Develop special training programs for Technical staff every year to improve on staff competencies required to achieve Company goals.
- Supervise the completion of the Industrial Training Fund TR Form 1 (Reimbursement Form) to facilitate speedy payment of claims.
- Keep up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses
- Research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning and present this research.
- Supervise the issuance of certificates of attendance to participants to motivate staff and boost morale.
- Develop & implement a Process Manual for the Training Unit.
- BSc / HND in Human Resources, Business Management or a related field.
- Professional qualification like CIPM, CIPD, SHRM will be an advantage.
- Experience in the power sector although not a pre-requisite, may also be an advantage.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years relevant work experience with at least 4 years as a Training and Development Manager in a well structured organization.
- Must be willing to travel for training activities.
- Candidates must have good presentation, facilitation and communication skills.
- Must possess good problem solving, analytical and creativity skills
- Must be passionate about learning, driving performances and adding value in a dynamic environment.
- Must be dynamic, malleable and have good relational and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must have the ability to use Microsoft Office Suites & Google Tools.
- Must not be more than 40 years old.
Application Closing Date
17th November, 2020.
How to Apply for Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online