Wema Bank Plc – Widely reputed as the longest surviving and most resilient indigenous bank in Nigeria, Wema Bank Plc has over the years, diligently offered a fully-fledged range of value-adding banking and financial advisory services to the Nigerian public.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environmental, Social & Governance Analyst / Manager
Job type: Full-time
Specialization(s): Banking / Finance / Insurance, Environmental / Sustainability / Governance
- The ideal candidate would be InCharge Monitor performance towards ESG goals and publish periodic reports on ESG and organizational impact in this regard (CBN bi-annual Reports on NSBP Implementation, UNEP-FI Principles for Responsible Banking Report etc.)
- Coordinating environmental and social initiatives in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Providing guidance to internal teams on sustainability initiatives, risks, and opportunities including ESG due diligence.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring corporate-level Environmental & Social Risk Management (ESRM) systems, which will be implemented in all business areas, across all operational levels.
- Coordinating with teams in all business areas to ensure adherence to the ESRM framework.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with external bodies e.g., DFIs, key sustainability organizations and regulators as well as international communities for increased funding opportunities.
- Maintain awareness of (industry) trends, evolving regulations and infrastructure changes.
- Coordinate cross-departmental engagement with relevant stakeholders within the system to keep them up to date with sustainability and climate-related initiatives.
- Support in driving the sustainability and ESG agenda, objectives, goals, and initiatives in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor the effectiveness of implementing the appropriate Policies, Processes, Procedures, and Guides and provide for their updating in line with changes in regulations and corporate directives.
- Review corporate activities and ensure compliance with E&S Policies, Management Plans, and Procedures.
- Collaborate with various business regions to identify E&S-related compliance & risks.
- Develop the appropriate ESG strategies to deepen the organization’s portfolio alignment for sustainable finance, impact investment, and regulatory compliance.
- Conduct E&S due diligence audits and monitoring on transactions with moderate to high environmental and social risks.
- Develop E&S checklist in line with the extant ESRM policy to guide credit processes.
- Address the E&S risks identified and their potential impact to the organization.
- B.Sc in any related field.
- 4-5 years’ experience working in ESG-Compliance and Corporate Sustainability
- Knowledge of ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance) ratings and indices.
- Knowledge of initiatives such as the Task Force on Climate-Related Disclosures, Sustainable Development Goals and the Value Reporting Foundation, Nigerian Sustainable Banking Principles
- Competence in Stakeholder & Relationship Management.
- Project Management & Problem Solving.
- Communication, Presentation & Organizational Skills.
- Continuous learning and improvement.
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2022.