The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ETS Information Management Associate G6
Requisition ID: 177411
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Department: Information Management & Reporting
- This position reports to the ETS Coordinator.
- Job holders at this level demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis.
- The ETC/S Information Management Associste will serve as an active member of the ETC/S team, through deployment to the Emergency Telecommuniation Sector North-East Nigeria response and will be responsible for three main activities:
- Sharing of Operational Information: focused on providing information related to implementing IT operations in a specific context or emergency.
- Monitoring and Reporting: focused on documenting and reporting on the performance of the ETC/S .
- Advocacy: focused on the mobilization of resources and increasing awareness of the ETC/S both in the country and on a global level.
Key Accountabilities (Not all-inclusive)
- Coordinate reporting activities relating to ETC/S operations as necessary;
- Write regular Situation Reports, factsheets, infographics and other IM and advocacy products summarizing ETC/S activities in the country;
- Provide inputs to OCHA and WFP Country Office products, including internal and external SitReps;
- Manage content of ETC/S country operations page, ensuring all information is up to date and accurate;
- Establish and maintain ETC/S country mailing lists;
- Maintain internal information sharing mechanisms, documentation formats and templates, central file store, according to ETC/S guidance;
- Coordinate global and local ETC/S meetings with partners as well as internal WFP TEC Task Forces including scheduling meetings, and writing and distributing meeting minutes;
- Monitor relevant shared ETC/S email account and direct requests for information as appropriate;
- Develop and distribute ETC/S User Feedback Survey including compilation, analysis and presentation of results;
- Prepare and edit ETC/S content for news releases, feature articles, stories, briefing notes, and other materials for use in the media and distribution to the public and donors, including creative, human-interest content for both internal and external publication to raise awareness of ETC/S activities on the ground;
- Act as an information focal point for ETC/S activities in the country (alongside the ETC/S Coordinator and in-country Public Information Officer);
- Support the procurement of ETC/S visibility items;
- Liaise with donors, NGOs and other UN agencies as required to gather and disseminate information on ETC/S activities;
- Assist the ETC/S coordinator to write and edit other reports or documentation required by the ETC/S such as Concept of Operations (ConOps), project documents, concept notes, presentations and funding appeals;
- Recognize and assess the sensitivity of information obtained; respect the confidential nature of sources of information where relevant;
- Attend relevant meetings including the local inter-agency IM Working Group and represent the ETC/S as requested in other relevant meetings;
- Provide guidance and oversight in ETC/S documents as required to ensure consistent messaging;
- In operations where required and agreed, support TEC Division with internal TEC SitRep, TEC dashboard, and a mailing list.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- University Degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Communications, Journalism, Information Management or related field;
- Knowledge of ICT operations and humanitarian reform / cluster concept;
- Languages vary depending on duty station but fluency in both oral and written communication in English is required;
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Windows, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and other related software.
Desired Experiences For Entry into the Role:
- A minimum of six years of professional experience in an National/international context, preferably in humanitarian context;
- Previous experience working in developing countries and challenging environments is an advantage.
Other Specific Job Requirements:
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing, transforming technical terminology into easily understood language;
- Good analytical skills, resourcefulness, initiative;
- Ability to plan and organize work schedule; ability to work with minimum supervision under own initiative and meet deadlines;
- Tact and ability to work harmoniously with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills ability to conceptualize issues, think in abstract terms, and analyze numerical data;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal desk description;
- Requires the ability to work under pressure and on multiple tasks often with tight deadlines.
WFP offers an attractive compensation package.
Application Closing Date
9th November, 2022 by 11:59pm (Nigerian Time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only Nigerian nationals or holders of valid residence and work permits are eligible to apply for this position.
- Applications are to be submitted and received online and in English language only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year.