The European University of Nigeria (EUN) is a newly established and NUC licensed university located in Abuja (FCT), Nigeria, with a vision to be a foremost globally-recognized institution raising competent individuals capable of responding to economic and technological needs of the society and the environment.
We invite applications from suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- There shall be a Registrar for the University who had be the Chief Administrative Officer and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative activities of the University.
- The Registrar shall be the Secretary to the Governing Cound Senate, Congregation and Convocation and shall be the custodian of these and other legal documents of the University
- Arrange for the conduct of examinations
- Keep in safe custody all records of the University
- Be the Secretary to the Governing Council, Senate Congregation, Convocation and such other bodies as the statutes may prescribe on the Vice-Chancellor may direct and be responsible to the ViceChancellor for executive action arising from the decisions of aforementioned bodies
- Assist the Vice-Chancellor in the general administration of the University
- Ensure that University publications such as the University calendar, University prospectus, staff handbook, student handbook, University Gazette, handbook on administrative procedures are updated and released regularly
- Handle establishment matters for senior, junior, intermediate, academic, non-academic and technical staff
- Organize, direct and coordinate the activities of the administrative component of the University
- Liaise with the administrative unit heads and to network with staff and students’ unions in creating a conducive climate for the functioning of the University.
- Possess a good honors First Degree in Liberal, Humanities or related disciplines
- Having a relevant higher degree and/or registration with relevant professional bodies is an added advantage
- Candidates are expected to have served for at least 15 years in sufficiently senior administrative capabilities in the University system or in comparable establishments;
- Suitable candidates are expected to be knowledgeable about the operation of the university system and competent to advise and take executive actions on matters of planning, design and management in realization of the cardinal objectives of teaching, research and community service
- Computer knowledge and application are mandatory.
Conditions of Service
- The Registrar shall be appointed by the Governing Council for a term of five years only.
- The renumeration shall be negotiated which maybe improved from time to time with performance.
Application Closing Date
2nd August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
All applicants are required to comply with the following conditions:
- Each application should be accompanied with a copy of the candidate’s Application Letter, the statement of his/her vision for the university under his/her leadership and current Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated by the candidate.
- The curriculum vitae must indude the candidate’s name in full, age, marital status, educational attainment, nationality, professional and academic achievements and any other relevant information.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees (at least one should be able to testify to the academic standing of the candidate and another to his/her moral character and integrity).
- Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward their reports directly to the email: email@example.com
- Each application must be accompanied by a statement of the candidate’s vision of the university.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for discussion and or interview.