Lekki Freeport Terminal part of the CMA-CGM Group, is the only Container Terminal Operator in Nigeria’s only deep seaport. It is set to become the largest container terminal in Nigeria and West Africa with enormous potential of becoming fully automated thereby contributing to the large trading operations of Nigeria and indeed, West Africa. The premise on which Leeki Freeport Terminal will operate is to connect global maritime trade to Nigeria and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant to CEO (Local – within Nigeria)
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Reports To: CEO
- Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant to the CEO provides executive, administrative, and development support to the CEO and Board of Directors, as well as the Senior Management Team.
- The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO.
- The Executive Assistant serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive meetings and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
- The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
- The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex Executive Support
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, donors, and others, on matters related to CEO’s programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters,
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matter expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format. Senior Management Liaison
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
- Ensures that the CEO’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the President and the organization in general
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders Strategic Initiatives.
Educational Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc / HND in Social Sciences or related field
- Strong work tenure
- 5 to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferably in a maritime sector.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and stakeholder management.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office.
Critical skill and success Factor:
- Attention to detail, systems oriented, organized, analytical
- Able to resolve conflicts and manage grievances.
- Good communication skills in English and sound ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
- Self-motivated, honest, high integrity, courteous and helpful.
- The ability to function well under pressure, prioritize matters and act on them accordingly
- The ability to function both independently and in a team, take initiative, shows commitment, and is motivated to achieve tasks in the required time frame
- Able to work overtimes as and when role and responsibilities require it
- Manages time and resources well and demonstrates good organizational and leadership ability with strong negotiation, interpersonal and mediation skills with a positive attitude
- Needs to be culturally aware with good ethics, problem solving, and strategic thinking competencies Continuously pursues to improve skills through on the job or external training.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Thorough understanding of negotiation techniques.
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast moving environment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online