Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Housekeeper I
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
- Responsible for the daily shift operations of Housekeeping, Recreation/Health Club and, if applicable, Laundry.
- Directs and works with employees to ensure property guestrooms, public space and employee areas are clean and well maintained.
- Completes inspections and holds people accountable for corrective action.
- Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Core Work Activities
Managing Housekeeping Operations:
- Ensures guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
- Works effectively with the Engineering department on guestroom maintenance needs.
- Supervises the property general cleaning schedule.
- Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Supervises daily Housekeeping shift operations and ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
- Assists in the ordering of guestroom supplies, cleaning supplies and uniforms.
- Supports and supervises an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
- Communicates areas that need attention to staff and follows up to ensure understanding.
- Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Managing Departmental Costs:
- Participates in the management of the department’s controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service:
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Conducting Human Resources Activities:
- Participates as needed in the investigation of employee accidents.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Uses all available on the job training tools to train new room attendants and provide follow-up training as necessary.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the housekeeping or related professional area.
- 2-year Degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 25 lbs. Standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time and ensuring a professional demeanor, clear communication and appearance in a clean uniform are also required.
- Prior to employment, we’ll ask you to complete safety training and certification.