Catholic Caritas Foundation of Nigeria (CCFN) also known as Caritas Nigeria, was incorporated in September, 2010, as the relief and development arm of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of Nigeria (CBCN). Caritas Nigeria is a member of Caritas Internationalis, a confederation of 162 countries providing relief and supporting human development around the world. Caritas Nigeria’s main focus of interventions are in Emergency Response & Humanitarian Services; Health (HIV/AIDS and TB) interventions; Agriculture & Livelihoods; Good Governance; Anti-human Trafficking & Irregular Migration; Institutional Development & Capacity Strengthening.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified for the position of:
Title: Farmer Field School Facilitator
- The main aim is to assist Caritas Nigeria to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Job Description / Technical Task
- Ensure the effective implementation of program activities.
- Coordinate and provide technical support for successful implementation of the program
- Facilitate experimentation, participatory learning by doing and training on plants disease and insect pest management, integrated weed management, integrated soil fertility management, Farm economics and financial literacy, and other issues that come up for individual groups.
- Farmer Field Schools (FFS) establishment for participatory learning, training and experimentation
- Trainings facilitated on specific crop related issues through FFS
- Contribute in FFS extension materials development
- Prepared work plans with clear objectives, implementation schedules and milestones
- Prepared weekly, monthly reports of the project.
- Organize different types of trainings for communities.
- Contribute to FFS extension and training materials development
- Develop and organize crop based FFS and implement all FFS stages and components with regular field follow-up and interaction with participants;
- The FFS facilitator works directly with farmers, and helps them discover important concepts/ issues in crops farming through practical learning.
- Conduct awareness-raising meetings to introduce the FFS concept, identify the farmers and learning site/ sites;
- Report progress of the FFS and demonstrations plots activities to line Manager
- Other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Agriculture or Diploma in Agricultural Technology or related field
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in the relevant filed.
- Excellent skills in monitoring implementation of program activities. 4. Managing resources and achieving results
- Ability to write reports.
- A proven record in managing team and have a good knowledge in the Establishment of demo-farm or a farmer field school Programme.
- Have a good knowledge in developing human capacity at a demo-farm or a farmer field school programme.
- Ability to work in partnership with local communities and other NGOs as appropriate.
- Support the establishment of farmer’s field school Programme in the community of implementation.
- Developing human capacity for farmer field school and defining the farmer field school learning content.
- Monitoring, evaluation and continuous learning
- Proper budgeting for farmer field school implementation.
- Employing indigenous knowledge of farmers for agricultural development and Building on the basic farmer field school learning cycle.
- Gender consideration in agricultural development.
- Seek for technical support from the CSA Specialist
- Regularly brief climate program leads on progress, promptly alert to emerging issues, foreseen problems and constraints or delays in the timely implementation of activities or any other factors that could affect the quality of the services and recommend and implement approved corrective measures.
- Provide weekly work plan and report to the program leads and ensure proper documentation of weekly activity reports
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively.
- Have good practical initiative from ADPs or FAO and have farm field school experience with local communities
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
- Good facilitation skills and ability to deliver induction briefing/training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels, and to maintain this under pressure.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online