The Federal University Lokoja (FUL) was established in February 2011 and is located in Lokoja, Kogi State, North-Central Nigeria, about 160 Kilometers from Abuja the Nation’s Capital.
It is a conventional University that is striving to excel in both Academic and Research activities in order to compete favourably with other Universities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
- Location: Lokoja, Kogi
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University
- He / she should provide the University Management with appropriate advice and support for all the institutions financial transactions.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidate for this post shall:
- Possess a good Honours Degree in Accounting from a recognized University possession or a higher degree(s) is an added advantage;
- Must be a qualified member of a professional body such as ICAN, ACCA, ANAN, CIMA, CPA;
- Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate experience, ten (10) years of which must be unbroken service in the University system;
- Must have attained the rank of a Deputy Bursar, or its equivalent in a University.
- Must not be above 60 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of relevant accounting packages.
- Must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Evidence of Exemption.
- Applicants for the post of University Bursar must have in the past exhibited a considerable degree of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable Integrity and transparency on matters of financial administration and management.
- In addition, candidates should demonstrate the ability to relate effectively with financial stakeholders.
- The candidate should be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff and students of the University.
- Candidate must provide a Vision Statement of not more than 500 words relating to the University in his 5-year tenure with particular reference to the administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
Salary / Condition of Service
- The salary and conditions of service for the Bursar shall be as obtainable in the Federal Universities in Nigeria.
- The successful candidate for the Office of Bursar shall serve a single term of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment.
Method of Application: Interested and qualified candidates should submit Fifteen (15) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their Credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full name (Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Place and date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail Address and Phone Number(s)
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- List of Publications
- Honours / Distinctions
- Positions held with dates
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Dates
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Learned Societies
- Names and Addresses of 3 referees
Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover; directly to the “Vice-Chancellor” via the address below.
All applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked,”Position of University Bursar” to:
Federal University Lokoja,