Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Assistant
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
- Malaria Consortium requires qualified candidates that will carry out financial and economic costing of the universal coverage ITN campaign implemented in December 2021 in Ondo State.
Purpose / Scope of Assignment
- Malaria Consortium in collaboration with the National Malaria Elimination Programme (NMEP) is planning to implement a campaign to distribute insecticide-treated nets (ITNs) in Ondo State in December 2021.
- Malaria Consortium will also implement monitoring and evaluation (M&E) research in relation to the campaign.
- The Ondo Net Campaign M&E Project will gather comprehensive data to assess the outcomes of the campaign in terms of ITN coverage, cost, use rates and net durability, as well as to monitor relevant epidemiological and entomological indicators such as the impact on malaria incidence rates reported from a sample of health facilities across the state, vector biting habits and insecticide resistance.
- The costing study will be used to gather all financial and economic costs incurred in order to distribute ITNs in Ondo State during December 2021.
- Detailed data on different types of costs associated with the ITN campaign will be collected through document reviews and key informant interviews. Financial, logistics, operational and other relevant documents from all stakeholders involved in various stages of the implementation of the ITN distribution campaign will be assessed to collect various types of cost data.
- Key informants will be identified and interviewed at the global, national, state, local government area (LGA) and community levels to assess economic and financial costs incurred by various stakeholders. The collected data will be analysed to compute the cost per ITN delivered.
- Assists the senior health economist and the health economist during all field activities, data management and analysis.
- Carries out assigned research duties to locate and compile cost data from various sources and financial and other documents.
- Extracts relevant cost data from stakeholder financial, logistics and operations documents and other sources.
- Works with financial, logistics and operations officers of campaign implementers and other stakeholders to extract data from source documents in relation to financial and economic costs of the campaign.
- Assists the senior health economist and the health economist to compile and analyse information obtained through key informant interviews.
- Compiles all data and prepares information for further cleaning and analysis.
- A detailed work plan with methodologies and data collection tools.
- A comprehensive report on the costing study with summaries of financial and economic costs of the campaign expressed as cost per ITN delivered and components of the cost.
- Cleaned economic and financial cost data from all sources in relation to the Ondo 2021 ITN campaign.
Qualifications and experience
- A Degree in Accounting or Economics.
- At least 2 years’ experience in accounting in the health sector or in health economics.
- Good knowledge of Yoruba and/or Ijaw languages.
- Experience using MS Office software is essential.
- Must be a resident of Ondo State.
Application Closing Date
9th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online