Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE), is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Engineer – Drilling Services
Job ID: R70939
Locations: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Department: Field Operations
- Are you a Drilling Engineer looking for interesting projects?
- Would you like be a part of our regional Drilling Services Product Line? Join our innovating Field Services team
- Our Drilling services Team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production, and processing of energy. We help a diverse range of customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity. Collaborate with the best
- As a Field Engineer – Drilling Services you will be responsible for providing Directional Drilling solutions at well sites.
- You will work under general supervision, collaborating closely with the Directional Drilling team.
- Utilizing computers, you will perform site surveys, monitor surface and formation evaluation services for wells during the drilling process.
As a Field Engineer – Drilling Services , you will be responsible for:
- Developing and demonstrating proficiency in the skill profile required for the delivery of Drilling services at the well site
- Working in difficult drilling and logging environments to provide complex solutions to the Customer.
- Completing advanced technical training and assigned well site development Programs Successfully.
- Utilizing broad knowledge of the product line’s tool(s) and/or service for data analysis when required
- Being responsible for the maintenance, testing, repair of electronic assemblies used for Logging while Drilling activities
- Conducting all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- Executing other related duties as assigned.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a minimum two year technical degree or equivalent
- Have at least 4 years’ experience in Directional Drilling activities
- Have Industry experience and product line training
- Demonstrate a good mechanical aptitude and a desire to learn and improve knowledge and skills
- Be able to work and communicate well with others
- Be able to relate to well site personnel at all levels, be a dedicated team member
- Have a valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate ( please indicate clearly on resume).
Work in a way that works for you:
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- This role is a rotation based working pattern. Please talk to us about the specific working patterns available when you apply.
Working with us:
- Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
- We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online