At Saroafrica International Limited, we are constantly on the search for best talents whilst ensuring that all talents remain at their best.
Saroafrica International Ltd is a group of companies with interests in Agribusiness which includes Heavy Agro-Industrial Manufacturing and Consumer Goods. Our organization is driven by delivering high performance and value in a sustainable manner to our all stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Supervisor
Locations: Zaria – Kaduna and Mokwa, Kotongora – Niger
Employment Type: Full-time
- The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable and experienced in Agronomy with a good understanding of Good Agricultural Practice (GAP) across major crops like Maize, Rice, Soybeans and Cassava and can transfer knowledge to Youth-preneurs and farmers to help them adopt modern farming techniques and boost food quality and productivity.
- It is also expected of the Ideal candidate to have basic knowledge of consumer products sales & business management as well as ensuring seamless execution of the Cooperate Shared Value Initiatives and drive sales of products within the community and farmers group in your territory and open up new channels to drive optimisation.
Technical planning, supervision and monitoring of the field activities:
- Supervision of youthpreneur’s activities within catchment areas.
- Recruitment of farmers and formation into groups for easy of monitoring and training to adopt SARO crop management.
- Keep record of all company asset with youthpreneur and ensure all assets are well maintained.
- Understand farmers challenges and recommend appropriate solutions to address these challenges.
- Provide training and other technical support for the farmers within his catchment that will ensure that farmers productivity improves.
- Ensure daily reconciliation and report of such is submitted by youth-preneur.
- Generate market insight for new product development.
- Ensure coverage of all youth-preneur and monitor activities within territory.
Data Collection & Reporting:
- Maintain database of youth-preneur and customers (farmers, consumers, and traders) within the catchment.
- Keep record of farming activities of farmers within catchment-Date of planting, date of herbicide application, etc.
- Regular reporting to line manager on the activities of farmer and progress achieved.
- Monitor and report on competitors’ activities.
- OND / HND / B.Sc in Agriculture and other related Sciences.
- 2 years’ Experience in practical agriculture with deep knowledge of the agronomy of Maize, Soybeans, Rice and Cassava
- Ability to sale.
- Age: 21 – 30 years old.
Special Skills / Key Behavioural Competencies:
- Ability to work independently and deliver.
- Skillful account reporting
- Ability to convey information in simple terms.
- High personal responsibility, accountability, and integrity required.
- Resourcefulness, curiosity, and solution-oriented mind-set desirable.
Application Closing Date
28th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online