FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
Supervisor: Finance & Grant Officer
Under the direction of the Finance & Grant Officer, the Finance Assistant performs diversified accounts payable and reporting functions.
- Assists in the accurate keeping of all books of account for the project, including maintenance of the checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Supports the Finance Officer in the review of all payment requests and determines the propriety and accuracy of all expenditures.
- Assures completeness of supporting documentation and coding in accordance with FHI360 policies and procedures.
- Prepares workshops schedule/payment to participants and retire same for review by the Financial Accountants.
- Carries out all FHI360 banking transactions such as cash/check lodgments, collect bank statements and bank confirmation
- Prepares bank reconciliations for review by the Lagos Office Finance Officer.
- Manages the Petty Cash Imprest Account for the Lagos National Office. Prepares and submits request for replenishment of imprest petty cash account and ensures proper coding and recording of all petty cash expenses.
- Assists the Finance Officer in preparation of monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of subprojects account activities with accompanying bank documentation and receipts.
- Assists the Finance Officer in tracking travel advances to ensure that they are retired on a timely manner.
- Responsible for the filing of payment vouchers, supporting documentations, workshop and travel retirements
Qualifications and Requirements
- University degree or higher diploma in Accounting, Finance and Business Administration or its recognized equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience in accounting related to NGOs and community level programs, with increasing responsibility.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above
- This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others – and yourself.
- Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability in accounting for medium to large, multifaceted programs
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance
- Well developed computer skills
- Well developed written and oral communication skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online