Helen Keller International (HKI) – Established in 1915, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
HKI implements integrated package of cost-effective interventions that are proven to improve maternal and child nutrition. HKI supports policies and programs on food fortification, vitamin A supplementation, infant and young child feeding, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, community-based management of acute malnutrition and prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases. At the core of HKI’s programs is advocacy and social behavior change communication to various stakeholders. HKI also undertakes cutting-edge research to influence policy decisions and inform program quality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Intern
Employment Type: Internship
- The USAID Advancing Nutrition implements and provides technical support to nutrition interventions across sectors and disciplines for USAID and its partners.
- The project’s multi-sectoral approach draws together global nutrition experience to design, implement and evaluate programs that address the root causes of malnutrition.
- Committed to using a systems approach, USAID Advancing Nutrition strives to sustain positive outcomes by building local capacity, supporting behavior change and strengthening the enabling environment to save lives, improve health, build resilience, increase economic productivity and advance development.
- The overall purpose of the project in Nigeria is to provide technical support to the Government of Nigeria, and other nutrition stakeholders and generate evidence to enhance nutrition programming toward achieving the overall goal of improving nutrition for a healthy, productive, and resilient Nigeria.
Scope of the Position
- The Finance Intern will Support effective implementation of project activities in the field location within the context of financial, contractual and operating systems.
- The Finance Intern will Support the operations and finances of the state office.
- Review activity requests and prepare bank vouchers for payments
- Check matching expenses for compliance with donor regulations.
- Support workshop and meetings. Including typing of bank details and attendance
- Support operations in the field office, communicating regularly with the Abuja office to assure smooth operations.
- Support technical staff to develop and manage monthly and quarterly activity budgets.
- Process supplier invoices
- Maintain financial files and records
- Maintain the assets register.
Education & Experience
- University Degree in Business Management or accounting, or any relevant subject.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail and quality
- Completion of compulsory NYSC program
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, especially Excel spreadsheets
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”
- Understand the principles of adequate documentation and of audit and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
- Good written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field and experience working in a non-profit organization will be an advantage.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good standard of IT including experience of using MS Office
- Ability to manage teams, initiate and organize work
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
Terms & Conditions
- This is a local posting in Nigeria, and as such, is subject to local terms and conditions.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.